{MOD} GummyJar 2.5 watermarkd services.jar WITH data throttling removed!!

yukmizzee

Reaction score
{MOD} GummyJar 2.5 & Gjar watermarkd services.jar WITH data throttling removed!!

UPDATE===Ok the first link is for Gummyjar w/ watermarkd them 2.5
The 2nd is for stock gummyjar 2.5 BOTH HAVE DATA THROTTLING REMOVED

If you download the second link YOU MUST RENAME TO JUST (SERVICES.JAR)

I dont take credit for the hack, however I do take credit for my time = )

(IM not responsible for anything, blah blah etc.... You must have sdk installed

Place this services.jar in your sdk/tools folder

Connect your phone via usb cable to the pc.

Boot into clockwork recovery. In the clockwork menu, make sure you go to mounts and storage and click mount /system before this next step.

Now, open the command prompt from your pc and cd to sdk/tools folder (if you are already there, you can skip this step! Good for you
tongue.gif
).

Now type "adb push services.jar /system/framework/". Reboot your phone and enjoy!
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

This is for use with gummyjar 2.5 and the 2.5 watermarkd theme

If anyone wants this, I just spent 15 minutes doing it. Kinda slow when it comes to this type of stuff. But anyways, on XDA I found the remove data throttling hack for the services.jar So I took the watermark 2.5 services.jar and modified and removed them. If anyone wants them heres a link to my dropbox. My data speeds have almost doubled. (Im guessing because I use about 20-30 gb a month):icon_eek:

When you reboot it will take a minute or so, DONT PANIC. = )

Gummyjar 2.5 W/Watermarkd theme

http://db.tt/Co6tZoG

STOCK gummyjar 2.5 w/NO theme

http://db.tt/7QKqGGa:icon_ banana:

Last edited:
OP
yukmizzee

yukmizzee

Reaction score
Does the watermarked theme need to be installed for this to work? Noob question

I dunno if it matters, thats what Im running so I just made it for that. BUT I also have modified service.jar for gummyjar 2.5

Gimme a sec and Ill upload that also.:)

JkdJedi

Reaction score
Thanks I just did this! Could you please tell what I just did? LOL. What the heck is data throttling? I hope this works with wifi, This hack increases my data usage speeds right?

Edit: Just read the heading, noob here. Awesome, thanks. Would this still work if I flashed the Linear theme over this? I'm guessing not cause of the watermark service.jar you made. Any chance one could be done for Linear?

Last edited:

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
holy crap. I've got like a 30% increase in both download and upload rates after that.

Why has this been kept secret from me for this long?

Thank you to anyone involved who is or isn't taking credit for time or brainwaves or lack of sleep or whatever.
dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

DThomp

Reaction score
+1 for linear please.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pinhead875

Reaction score
Is this mod theme-specific? If so, does anyone have the know-how to get this going for linear?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i did this with root explorer for anyone wanting to go that route..

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hum... testing this now... If it runs smooth over the next few day I may add it to the ROM..

tatuud

Reaction score

thank you very much abe...i was just going to pm you and ask if that was possible (sorry but you're my go to guy for answers). i put the file on my sd card, changed the name per op instructions, moved it to system/framework changed permissions, rebooted phone, does that sound right? thanks

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

thank you very much abe...i was just going to pm you and ask if that was possible (sorry but you're my go to guy for answers). i put the file on my sd card, changed the name per op instructions, moved it to system/framework changed permissions, rebooted phone, does that sound right? thanks

yup i didnt change permissions and it still worked lol might go back and do that

Hum... testing this now... If it runs smooth over the next few day I may add it to the ROM..

+1 for adding to the rom.

+2

newtsevo

Reaction score
I used root explorer and didn't change permissions either bc im not sure what to change them to. Any help?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App