Missing the Droid Notification Tone

HappyDroidUser

Reaction score
I just got my Droid 2 and was shocked to find that it did not come with the Droid notification tone. Does any one know where I can get it from and how can I add it?

Thanks,

Cedj

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mabilo Ringtones in the market has it:D :welcome: to the forum!

OP
H

HappyDroidUser

Reaction score
Thanks Corinacakes. I found an edited version with the classic phone ring tone but I can edit it for my use.

Cedj

OP
H

HappyDroidUser

Reaction score
you can also take it of another rom and put it on your sd card
Thanks Vstark. I'm a newbie. How would I proceed to get it from the rom? I also have the original Droid which has the tone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you can also take it of another rom and put it on your sd card
Thanks Vstark. I'm a newbie. How would I proceed to get it from the rom? I also have the original Droid which has the tone.

Slow down, wait a second here. The Droid 2 does come with the Droid notification. Unless someone removed it, it's on there. Menu button/settings/sound/notification. The list scrolls, you're probably not seeing it.

OP
H

HappyDroidUser

Reaction score
Thanks Hookbill. Its definitely not on my phone. I'll look to see if I can find it on the rom of my original Droid.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Hookbill. Its definitely not on my phone. I'll look to see if I can find it on the rom of my original Droid.

May I ask what you are currently running? I know that there is a leaked OS that doesn't have that file but you'd have to be rooted to get that.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Depending on what leak....I am running 3.0.0 and I have the droid tone. B the way the task manager in 3.0.0 works good. I was hesitant to try it when hook was talking about the battery life. Man I went an entire day with out charging. Oh and profiles....are useful its like having 21 home screens.....

me4droid

Reaction score
Not the D2G

Hookbill--D2 Global does not come with the standard "droooiiiiiddd" notification. It has some of the others, but not that one. The stock notification on the phone when purchased is the "On the Hunt" notification (at least that was set as the default on mine when I received it).

My guess is this post is about a D2 Global.

A Nobody

Reaction score
Hookbill--D2 Global does not come with the standard "droooiiiiiddd" notification. It has some of the others, but not that one. The stock notification on the phone when purchased is the "On the Hunt" notification (at least that was set as the default on mine when I received it).

My guess is this post is about a D2 Global.

Did you try checking ringtones in settings.

me4droid

Reaction score
A Nobody--nope it's not there either.

FYI-I purchased an R2D2 D2 and a D2G on the same day--D2G for me, other for my son.

R2D2 has over 30 notification sounds, D2G only 20
R2D2 has over 60 ringtone sounds, D2G only 32

Now maybe some of those are specific to R2D2, since I don't have a standard D2 to compare. Still, quite a difference, and while R2 has the droid notification, D2G does NOT have it.

For whatever reason they decided that business users wouldn't want all those other ringtones/notifications. While it's true most probably use vibrate most of the time, it's still fun to have the options.