notification ignore button?

firenicepits

Reaction score
how do i ignore the tone when i get a text message like shut the tone up in a hurry? for example most phones or smartphones has a button when some one texts you and ur tone starts playing you can press to shut the tone up. any info or any apps would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

2guys1droid

Reaction score
I know for when the phone is ringing hitting the volume keys will silence it, however I don't know if this also applies to notifications as my notifications are short tones

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Volume should work...unless something has been changed.

OP
F

firenicepits

Reaction score
Volume button doesn't work. There's gotta besomething! Volume works with in coming call but not a notification

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Volume button doesn't work. There's gotta besomething! Volume works with in coming call but not a notification

On my alarm, tapping the screen stops the notification. I think it works that way for other notifications too.

OP
F

firenicepits

Reaction score
Nope touching the screen doesn't work either. The only thing that works is hitting the power button to turn the screen on then sliding the the speaker icon to the left to turn the phone to silent. But then u have to slide it back to turn sound back on. This is really getting on my nerves guess I gonna have to wind up setting it to vibrate only

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What are you using for notifications? A large mp3 file?

My notifications are pretty basic and just go off one time so I really don't have that issue except for my alarm. Anyway you can shorten the notification so it only goes on for a second or so?

OP
F

firenicepits

Reaction score
It's a mp3 file I got from the app zedge I will try and shorten it

want a droid

Reaction score
Not sure about notifications, but on an incoming call you can press the power button and it will silence the call.

You can try this with notifications to see if it works.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Cruzzer08

Reaction score
I got the same problem!!! I have a short mp3 for my text but its long enough that I need to silent it if I'm talking to somebody or in a meeting... volume or lock button works for calls but not text... One button has done this on every phone I've ever owned!!!!

iwearhats

Reaction score
It's a notification not a ringtone, shorten that sucker up. I use certain notifications for certain apps, but nothing over a second long. The more frequent the notification, the shorter it is because no one wants to hear the Freebird guitar solo every time I get a text or an email

Cruzzer08

Reaction score
I like having a long notification for text because sometimes it takes me a few to hear it... song in the car or loud party.. if it last 30 or 40 seconds then I have a better chance of catching part of it and knowing I have a text... it just doesn't make any sence that there is no way to press (volume button for example) to silence it when nessecary

iwearhats

Reaction score
probably because they didn't expect someone to have a notification that lasts longer than a ringtone.

want a droid

Reaction score
Has anyone tested the power button yet? When your ring tone is going off for a notification hit the power button and see what happens.

Cruzzer08

Reaction score
probably because they didn't expect someone to have a notification that lasts longer than a ringtone.

you serious dude??? Every person I know uses at least part of a song for a text and usually a whole song for a ring... Been like that for years

Power button doesnt do anything just (first unlock) turns screen on, (tried volume buttons after that, nothing ) then slide lock (second unlock) (volume buttons move volume bar up and down), then pull down taskbar finally silences tone.. Using handcent