Email notification help

allij

Reaction score
I just upgraded to a Droid to from earlier model droid. I had three separate email accounts. Two with no notification except at to as display and one with a ringtone notification and display. I can't seem to be able to do that with this phone.
If I change one account notification tone all three go to that setting.

Any suggestions?

Alli

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
A

allij

Reaction score
Droid2. Sorry. Didn't catch it in time

pdoxsey

Reaction score
I have the same issue. D1 let me pick different tones... Now I use different apps for different emails.

dast

Reaction score
I just upgraded to a Droid to from earlier model droid. I had three separate email accounts. Two with no notification except at to as display and one with a ringtone notification and display. I can't seem to be able to do that with this phone.
If I change one account notification tone all three go to that setting.

Any suggestions?

Alli

Do they happen to be GMail accounts?

duck on quack

Reaction score
I'm using two different emails on my Droid2 and I'm not having any issues with separate ringtones. Are you using Gmail or Blur email? With Gmail it's pretty simple. Open one of your inboxes, then hit the menu button, "more", "settings". Within settings scroll to the bottom and press select ringtone. When you're done, switch emails through menu > accounts and go back into settings. You will notice that the settings for different emails are separate. They have to be... otherwise people would be stuck with the same preferences across multiple Gmail accounts, which makes no sense.

pdoxsey

Reaction score
What about multiple exchange accounts??

I'm using two different emails on my Droid2 and I'm not having any issues with separate ringtones. Are you using Gmail or Blur email? With Gmail it's pretty simple. Open one of your inboxes, then hit the menu button, "more", "settings". Within settings scroll to the bottom and press select ringtone. When you're done, switch emails through menu > accounts and go back into settings. You will notice that the settings for different emails are separate. They have to be... otherwise people would be stuck with the same preferences across multiple Gmail accounts, which makes no sense.