Notification ringtone ?s

Fu_Krubixcubes

Reaction score
i had a question, hoping someone can help. i have a problem setting sounds from a soundboard as my sms txt only notification. is it even possible to do. whenever i try to change notification sound it only has "default ringtone" as the closest option. i want a noise from the soundboard for sms only.. not email, not mms not missed calls. and i want my ringtone to stay the same.. can the droid2 not do this?

pool_shark

Reaction score
When you go into sounds the tab for notification sounds is for text messages.

I believe you can also go into the text messaging app settings and set the sound you want to use.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
When you go into sounds the tab for notification sounds is for text messages.

I believe you can also go into the text messaging app settings and set the sound you want to use.

Partially true (no offense ^), .......Settings - Sound - Notification Ringtone .........is the tone you set for all of your notifications (i.e. USB plugged in, Reading SDcard, text, email......etc).

If you would like to specify a certain notification ringtone for your text messages, you need to open your text widget........hit Menu - Message Settings - Select Ringtone.

Same goes for your email.

NxDLamb

Reaction score
Great info for us newbies, but how do you get outside MP3s into your options for the notification settings? I've only been able to get them into the Ringtone one. Any info would be great!! :)

dast

Reaction score
Great info for us newbies, but how do you get outside MP3s into your options for the notification settings? I've only been able to get them into the Ringtone one. Any info would be great!! :)

You can put the MP3 files on your SD card in the following directories.

/sdcard/Alarms
/sdcard/notifications
/sdcard/ringtones
/sdcard/ui

Hopefully these should be self explanatory. If you drop something in the notifications directory, it should show up as an option for a notification sound. Works fine on my D2.

Definitive android's folder structure - Android Forums

BeADroid

Reaction score

You can put the MP3 files on your SD card in the following directories.

/sdcard/Alarms
/sdcard/notifications
/sdcard/ringtones
/sdcard/ui

Hopefully these should be self explanatory. If you drop something in the notifications directory, it should show up as an option for a notification sound. Works fine on my D2.

Definitive android's folder structure - Android Forums

I have had to reboot my phone to able to see added files in my on screen phone menus. So you might try that if you have issues.

sent from Droid 2...awaiting the great UD Rom! with Tapatalk