Missing the Droid Notification Tone

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Depending on what leak....I am running 3.0.0 and I have the droid tone. B the way the task manager in 3.0.0 works good. I was hesitant to try it when hook was talking about the battery life. Man I went an entire day with out charging. Oh and profiles....are useful its like having 21 home screens.....

That's what I was running and I did not have the Droid tone. I will bet that my problem with the battery was really user error. I don't think I had my profiles set properly for overclocking with that update.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hookbill--D2 Global does not come with the standard "droooiiiiiddd" notification. It has some of the others, but not that one. The stock notification on the phone when purchased is the "On the Hunt" notification (at least that was set as the default on mine when I received it).

My guess is this post is about a D2 Global.

I think most people don't like the droid notification, and that's why they are pulling it. I like it.

OP
H

HappyDroidUser

Reaction score
Thanks Hookbill. Its definitely not on my phone. I'll look to see if I can find it on the rom of my original Droid.

May I ask what you are currently running? I know that there is a leaked OS that doesn't have that file but you'd have to be rooted to get that.
I am running v2.4.330.A956. I was able copy the Droid tone to my Droid2 sdcard. I first tried copying the tone to the system/media/audio/notifications folder but the folder is set for read only thus would not copy. I then tried Rings Extended that allowed me to set the tone as my notification tone from the sdcard. But when I receive a notification, I hear a tone other than the Droid tone. My settings still show the droid.ogg as my current notification ringtone so I am out of ideas what to try next.