notification ignore button?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got the same problem!!! I have a short mp3 for my text but its long enough that I need to silent it if I'm talking to somebody or in a meeting... volume or lock button works for calls but not text... One button has done this on every phone I've ever owned!!!!

Well, the Droid isn't like every phone you've ever owned is it?;)

Use to be that the volume rocker fixed it but when they went to 2.2 that went away.

Cruzzer08

Reaction score
I got the same problem!!! I have a short mp3 for my text but its long enough that I need to silent it if I'm talking to somebody or in a meeting... volume or lock button works for calls but not text... One button has done this on every phone I've ever owned!!!!

Well, the Droid isn't like every phone you've ever owned is it?;)

lol...your right, its not... thats the problem, its very dissapionting that the simple basics have been overlooked... Don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed with the speed and the ability to customize, but bells and whistles are only cool if the basics of functionality are witheld... I can spot the little dipper and casiopia but I can't silence my phone while its in my pocket?!?

iwearhats

Reaction score
probably because they didn't expect someone to have a notification that lasts longer than a ringtone.

you serious dude??? Every person I know uses at least part of a song for a text and usually a whole song for a ring... Been like that for years
Dead Serious. Just look at the length of the notification sounds. None of those are anywhere near the length of a ringtone because they're not meant to be blasted for half a minute (or longer in your case). Which is probably why there is no silence feature for a notification.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I don't have a notification sound over 3 seconds long.
Same here.
probably because they didn't expect someone to have a notification that lasts longer than a ringtone.

you serious dude??? Every person I know uses at least part of a song for a text and usually a whole song for a ring... Been like that for years
Dead Serious. Just look at the length of the notification sounds. None of those are anywhere near the length of a ringtone because they're not meant to be blasted for half a minute (or longer in your case). Which is probably why there is no silence feature for a notification.
Couldn't agree more!

To the OP, just shorten your notification tone and set it to vibrate if you have so much trouble hearing an incoming text/email.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have an audio book of catcher in the rye set as my notification... that too long?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App