MetaMorph themes for swype

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
i am not responsible if you brick your phone, use at your own risk
for rooted phones only, sorry

ok so some of you may remember my MM themes for handcent(http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/34058-release-themed-handcent.html#post359336). in that thread i mentioned i would release some MM themes for swype, took me awhile to get around to it but here you go. same directions as handcent

1. make sure you have the most recent MetaMorph from the market
2 with a file manager like root explorer go into /data/app and find com.swype.android.inputmethod-1.apk
3 long press on the com.swype.android.inputmethod-1.apk and select move
4 navigate to /system/app and select paste
5 long press on it again and select rename, name it swype.apk (all lower case) then reboot phone
6 download the color of choose to pc
7 mount your sdcard and place the file you downloaded in the adroid theme folder
8 open up Metamorph and select unzip/extract new them
9 navigate to the swype.zip that you placed in android theme( i think it automaticly opens in that directory) touch it and follow the prompts. when its done, reboot the phone.
link to parent folder in this post
you have to reboot your phone 2 times during this process.

i should have a swype MM theme to match all my handcent MM themes. enjoy

here is the parent folder for all swype MM files enjoy
form%3E

Last edited:
Reaction score
downloading and trying it out right now :)

and since i love this theme so much ill upload the pictures for the black keyboard with blue letters for you :)

EDIT: Added more screenshots

Last edited:
OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
lol,thank you for uploading the screen shots. one less thing i have to do.

i did not test all of these,ill fix them if anyone has issues but they should all work cause i followed the same format. i just got tired of rebooting my phone after applying each MM theme,lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your welcome :) the only thing i found with one i used was that a few of the letters werent blue at all, they were still white. but its still a very nice theme :)

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
Your welcome :) the only thing i found with one i used was that a few of the letters werent blue at all, they were still white. but its still a very nice theme :)

yeah that one was hard to make and i had help from aquaboyh20. ill see if i can track it down and fix it.

Last edited:

generalyummy

Reaction score

and since i love this theme so much ill upload the pictures for the black keyboard with blue letters for you :)

That screenshot looks so slick, thanks for uploading the shots and thanks for posting this mm theme too

Reaction score

yeah that one was hard to make and i had help from aquaboyh20. ill see if i can track it down and fix it.
Well its very well made and even if you can't track him down I'm still using it cuz its just so sick looking =)

That screenshot looks so slick, thanks for uploading the shots and thanks for posting this mm theme too

No problem just glad I could help out and post some screen shots =)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Home Run.....the Black/Blue one is Nasty!!!

Last edited:

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
The black one is EXACTLY what I've been looking for, forever! I love you!!

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
you guys are all welcome. i ran out of posts on page one so i have to start posting on page 2 lol.

Last edited:

B3y0ndD34th

Reaction score
Hmm I followed your directions and rebooted as told, tbh this is my first time theming with metamorph but I've had it installed forever. I made sure it was updated and moved the swype apk to /system/app did the reboot and the metamorph theme but it still looks the same as before, I'll try a different colour this time.

***EDIT*** Seems that maybe the zip file didn't finish downloading all the way I tried to download it again and move it over this time it works!!! Great job! Love the blue glowing letters :D

One more Edit I think this blue glow is absolutely sexy, but what if we could get an orange glow instead of the blue... I use a NexTang port for BBv0.4 and I think this would tie the theme together, if you know how to do it and are willing to spend sometime I could do it myself with your help... or if you think it'd be easier to do it yourself I know I will be greatly appreciative and I've sure everyone else rocking a NexTang theme would appreciate it too :D

Last edited: