MetaMorph themes for swype

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please Help - I'm new to MM and working with files this way. I've opened data/app and found com.swype.android.inputmethod-1.apk and com.swype.android.installer-1.apk.

Does this become com.swype.apk or swype.apk? Or maybe just swype with no .anything?

Thanks...

1. make sure you have the most recent MetaMorph from the market
2 with a file manager like root explorer go into /data/app and find com.swype.blahblah
3 long press on the apk and select move
4 navigate to /system/app and select past
5 long press on it again and select rename, name it swype (all lower case) then reboot phone
6 download the color of choose to pc
7 mount your sdcard and place the file you downloaded in the adroid theme folder
8 open up Metamorph and select unzip/extract new them
9 navigate to the swype.zip that you placed in android theme( i think it automaticly opens in that directory) touch it and follow the prompts. when its done, reboot the phone.

B3y0ndD34th

Reaction score
Please Help - I'm new to MM and working with files this way. I've opened data/app and found com.swype.android.inputmethod-1.apk and com.swype.android.installer-1.apk.

Does this become com.swype.apk or swype.apk? Or maybe just swype with no .anything?

Thanks...

1. make sure you have the most recent MetaMorph from the market
2 with a file manager like root explorer go into /data/app and find com.swype.blahblah
3 long press on the apk and select move
4 navigate to /system/app and select past
5 long press on it again and select rename, name it swype (all lower case) then reboot phone
6 download the color of choose to pc
7 mount your sdcard and place the file you downloaded in the adroid theme folder
8 open up Metamorph and select unzip/extract new them
9 navigate to the swype.zip that you placed in android theme( i think it automaticly opens in that directory) touch it and follow the prompts. when its done, reboot the phone.

yes just copy it to /system/app and rename it to swype.apk he should have included the file name I was a little confused at first too but it works :D

Last edited:

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe i found the problem...Just as i suspected...operator error on my part. I didn't move the file to the right folder (/system/app...) I didn't get all the way back to it with the move so the install couldn't find the application.
Working perfectly now :icon_ banana:

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
im going to update OP with better instructions. thats a good idea about orange glowing letters,ill see if i can work out some other coloring glow letters with the black, thanks for ideas

Last edited:

GeneRs

Reaction score
Hi Sneaky... Again Nice work. What are the chances you will be making an orange one to match the nextang theme? I used the Hex code for Dark orange ( ff8c00 / RGB code 255-140-0 ) for a Live Wallpaper and the color seems DAMN Close. How nice would us Tang users have to be to you to get this Theme ?

B3y0ndD34th

Reaction score
im going to update OP with better instructions. thats a good idea about orange glowing letters,ill see if i can work out some other coloring glow letters with the black, thanks for ideas

I will love you... forever.

Thanks, Anyone use this on Jager rom with sence UI. I just tried to install swype and it force closes on bootup :(

Just swype does. this is the one I tried if anyone know's of other's please let me know
Swype Beta Available Again! | Facebook

Sorry buddy I wish I could help you here, I had some force close issues too but I ended up changing the input method back to the android keyboard, I rebooted and set swype again maybe it was trying to call the wrong file or something, I don't really know. Also I am actually in the swype beta I download the application with swype's downloader... I wonder if pulling out the APK from my system files will allow you guys to run it :/

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Question, the black with blue letters is themed throughout most languages, but not Deutsch. Would it be possible to theme the Deutsch keyboard within the black/blue theme to black and orange? So when on the english keyboard it would be black/blue and switching to the deutsch keyboard it would change to black/orange. I make use of the German keyboard and it would be sweet to have two themes in one

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
Question, the black with blue letters is themed throughout most languages, but not Deutsch. Would it be possible to theme the Deutsch keyboard within the black/blue theme to black and orange? So when on the english keyboard it would be black/blue and switching to the deutsch keyboard it would change to black/orange. I make use of the German keyboard and it would be sweet to have two themes in one

i dont know, im sure its possible but i dont deutsch as a choice,just us english, espanol, and italiano. prolly exsplains why the deutsch is not themed

check post #5 for black with orange glowing letters swype MM theme...........wish i would have reserved a few spaces,lol

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
i dont know, im sure its possible but i dont deutsch as a choice,just us english, espanol, and italiano. prolly exsplains why the deutsch is not themed

The one I have has polish, nederlands, portugese, spanish, uk english, italian, and english themed, not french or deutsch, it is the milestone swype apk, interesting that the theme went thru to language choices you don't even have in your .apk

Anyways once again thanks and great work!