(Release) Transitions for all Roms via Metamorph

Manigma77

Reaction score
UPDATE 12-16 (Release) Transitions for all Roms via Metamorph

UPDATE 12-16-10
Rezipped files and reuploaded. Files should work smoother now, please give feedback and let me know if this works for you now. I suggest unzipping the file first (not in mm) then placing the extracted folder into AndroidThemes. When you load MM click on Pick Existing Theme then click on Transition folder you want and then transition.xml and apply.

I keep seeing people ask for transitions for each new release of Miui or other Roms. I made some metamorph themes that will apply them to any rom and should work. I have applied them to every new release of miui without a problem.

There are no Guarantees, MAKE A BACKUP before applying

What you Need
Download Metamorph from market
Download transition themes

What to Do
Unzip Theme Folders
Put Unzipped theme folders in sdcard/AndroidThemes
Apply via Metamorph

Stock Miui http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7883290/AnimStock.zip

Bounce http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7883290/Bounce.zip

Flyin http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7883290/Flyin.zip

Fold http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7883290/Fold.zip

Sorry for the sloppy post, don't have much time but wanted to help.

UPDATE: Sorry just realized the folders zipped wrong, If you see a folder of the same name inside the main folder ex. (Flyin/flyin) Just delete the one inside. It won't hurt anything it will just take up un-needed space. No Longer a need to do this. The Issue has been Fixed.

Techno Droid

Reaction score
So it'll work on almost any rom? I want to try it on UD2.5 but I'm liking MIUI for now. One more thing, ppl have said and mentioned that their having difficulty applying transition thru Meta. I'm not to familiar with Meta as I would like to be. Is there a way I can apply the transition like and other rom? Thnx in advance.

Sent from my Droid

OP
Manigma77

Manigma77

Reaction score
So it'll work on almost any rom? I want to try it on UD2.5 but I'm liking MIUI for now. One more thing, ppl have said and mentioned that their having difficulty applying transition thru Meta. I'm not to familiar with Meta as I would like to be. Is there a way I can apply the transition like and other rom? Thnx in advance.

Sent from my Droid

All I can say is do a backup and then try it. Please report back with your findings. I have only tested on miui, and works every time with meta.

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
hmm, metamorph throws an error, im trying the fold.zip

edit,i can confirm it works on ud 2.5.0 but it changed my wallpaper,lol

OP
Manigma77

Manigma77

Reaction score
I know it changes walpaper every time framework is modified. How ya been sneaky. Still got the d1 I guess, I'm ready for a new phone but the right one hasn't came out.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Split630

Reaction score
Sneaky, how did you get fold.zip to work? Mine keeps erroring, and if you got it to work, I would love to know how. It's such an awesome animation, I must have it. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for making this. Much better than flashing. By the way, Split360, is it saying something like it isn't written correctly or something along those lines? If so, just go back into the app and pick existing theme and it should have the unzipped file. Mine gives me that error every time I use MM but it still extracts it. If not, you may have to extract it prior to installing with your pc or file manager.

Split630

Reaction score
Mine says something about the file.being invalid and mentions.something's something to the effect of a bad control file. However, I have had it get to the point where it reminds me to make a backup, I click continue and nothing happens. Just sots there, and I let it sit for 10 min.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine says something about the file.being invalid and mentions.something's something to the effect of a bad control file. However, I have had it get to the point where it reminds me to make a backup, I click continue and nothing happens. Just sots there, and I let it sit for 10 min.

Mines never asked me that I don't think. I would just make a backup through recovery unless it's a different type of backup. But, I get an error message and I just click existing theme and it's unzipped inside every time. I'm not sure why yours is doing that then. I'll download these and check it out real quick.

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
I know it changes walpaper every time framework is modified. How ya been sneaky. Still got the d1 I guess, I'm ready for a new phone but the right one hasn't came out.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I been ok. How are you. No I switched to the droid incredible.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
Sneaky, how did you get fold.zip to work? Mine keeps erroring, and if you got it to work, I would love to know how. It's such an awesome animation, I must have it. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

Im not sure how I got it to work. First I tried to let metamorphose unzip it first. No go then. Second I tryied to unzipped it my self and place in the folder as OP said. Still failed. I reboitted and tried again and it worked. Here's the kicker. I now have a framework-res.apk in my androidthemes folder. No idea how it got there.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow. For the first time MM didn't give me an error message. Extracted the .zip and everything without issue. Now rebooting and seeing how it goes.

EDIT: Didn't change anything for some reason.

Split630

Reaction score
[/quote]

Im not sure how I got it to work. First I tried to let metamorphose unzip it first. No go then. Second I tryied to unzipped it my self and place in the folder as OP said. Still failed. I reboitted and tried again and it worked. Here's the kicker. I now have a framework-res.apk in my androidthemes folder. No idea how it got there.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App[/QUOTE]

I don't know what I did, but the 23rd time must have been the charm! UD2.5 now with flip animations! All I did was delete all the files off my SD card, made another backup, downloaded the files on my PC, threw them on my D1, flashed, and it worked. No different than every other time. Whatever. Thanks for the support everyone!

OP
Manigma77

Manigma77

Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't clear in the op, You need to extract the file via computer then put the theme (flyin etc.) in you AndroidThemes file on your sd, then in mm choose "pick existing theme" then click on flyin flolder then flyin.xml. Not sure what is happening but it should work fine. First off, I zipped the folders in my AndroidThemes folder via root explorer, (shouldv'e used 7zip) then uploaded to my dropbox account. When I unzip the files there is an extra folder that should not be there, so since there is enough interest in this I am now going to zip the files properly and update the op, then everything should run smoother.

P.S. I have used mm for a very long time and I never extract the files via mm cause it always gives me errors too. I have always just extracted via computer or root explorer then move the extracted folder to AndroidThemes on MM. Alot, of people knock mm, but I love it cause I don't have to wait on someone to update the theme etc. , I just change .pngs .xmls within my themes in AndroidThemes then apply, no need to wait. Do it yourself gets things done faster in my experience.

OP
Manigma77

Manigma77

Reaction score
Updated the OP with new zips. Removed excess baggage inside folders. Should apply now. Let me know. Thanx.