JRummy Metamorph (Updated for new MM Version)

droid_maine

Reaction score
Okay so I see in Jrummy's original MM post that some people still ask why his themes stopped working. This is because they need to be converted to use with the newest version of MM...

Unfortunately, when a person does not have access to a computer it converting yourself is not an option... So, for convenience, I have converted his Metamorph themes for the community to use with the newest MM...

Hope this will help someone in need for change while away from the PC :)

I have started with the the "Notification and Clock Colors" MM Theme files with this post... and I will post the Widgets and the Icons in my next post....

Please refer to the OP is Jrummy's thread for what is included with each theme file.... as I have maintained his same file names.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/jrummy/40041-jrummy-metamorph.html

These have been tested to with with Cyanogen 5.0.6.2; Some themes cause issues with ROMs they were not designed for. Please enjoy these at your own risk, and as always it is a good idea to make a backup of your ROM before trying anything new.

Thanks,

Droid Maine

IMPORTANT: I wanted to clarify for visitors that if you are still running older versions of MM these will not work. Please see Jrummy's OP (linked above) to download the themes that will work for you. The purpose of this thread is to make it convienent for those who have made the upgrade to the newest MM to make use Jrummy's themes.

If you try to unpack a newer theme using on older version of MM you will get an error stating that the theme control file is missing. This is because the old version uses a .THM file to tell MM what to do, and the new version uses an .XML file to do the same thing.

Last edited:

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thank you.. I do plan on updating everything. I have quite a few mm themes I haven't posted either. I will try to update to the xml format by the end of the week but until then this is a great option. thanks again. Feel free to keep this going too with anything you want.

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score
Thank you.. I do plan on updating everything. I have quite a few mm themes I haven't posted either. I will try to update to the xml format by the end of the week but until then this is a great option. thanks again. Feel free to keep this going too with anything you want.

Not a problem... Sticky the thread if you like too. :)

DFEKT

Reaction score
the blue icons are not working mm says the theme control file is missing

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score
the blue icons are not working mm says the theme control file is missing

That error is a result of using a newer MM Theme on an older version of MM.

You have a couple of options... You can download the icons theme that was designed to work with the older version of MM back at the OP of Jrummy's thread... here...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/jrummy/40041-jrummy-metamorph.html

Or you could update to the newest version of MM on the Android Market and try again. If you are still having issues after upgrading your MM version please post the steps you are following and either myself or someone in the community will be happy to help you get it figured out.

-Droid Maine

DFEKT

Reaction score
I have the new mm I got the cyan.zip that works fine cept for the market update changing it back. But I download blue I put it in themes folder use mm to unzip and install it shows all the folders but after the unzip is when I get the msg

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score
I have the new mm I got the cyan.zip that works fine cept for the market update changing it back. But I download blue I put it in themes folder use mm to unzip and install it shows all the folders but after the unzip is when I get the msg

I think I know what is going on...

Try this...

Go to your SD card and navigate to the "AndroidThemes" folder

Inside that folder will be another folder called "icons_stock_blue"

Inside the icons_stock_blue folder there should be a file named icons_stock_blue.xml

If there is also a file in there with a THM extension delete it and try applying the theme again... as that is the OLD theme control file and it may be conflicting.

My guess is that you may have tried installing Jrummy's original icons_stock_blue theme in the past and it is possible that the old THM file got left behind in the folder when you moved to the new one...

Please report back with your results...

DFEKT

Reaction score
Ok it worked but two of my icons on power controll widget changed from cyan theme I had it set on back to stock? Kinda weird

villain1998

Reaction score
Thank you for converting these, I've tried the applying the blue theme no clock, but all I get is the file doesn't exist. I when I try to apply the framework it doesn't do anything, anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score
Thank you for converting these, I've tried the applying the blue theme no clock, but all I get is the file doesn't exist. I when I try to apply the framework it doesn't do anything, anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

To make sure there are not conflicts with an old version you could try clearing out everything in your AndroidThemes folder on your SD Card, then start over.

Have MM unpack the jrummy_blue theme, then...

Go into MM and choose the "Pick Existing Theme" button
Then choose jrummy_blue
Then choose jrummy_blue.xml
Then finally the No Clock

I am not sure why the Dev has the program set to show anything but the xml file in that second list... it is confusing... lol...

If you still have issues after following the steps above I am not sure what could be going on....

If anyone else has tested the jrummy_blue clock and notifications theme since I ran them through the converter, can you please confirm if they have worked okay for you?

villain1998

Reaction score
Yeah, still didn't work

To make sure there are not conflicts with an old version you could try clearing out everything in your AndroidThemes folder on your SD Card, then start over.

Have MM unpack the jrummy_blue theme, then...

Go into MM and choose the "Pick Existing Theme" button
Then choose jrummy_blue
Then choose jrummy_blue.xml
Then finally the No Clock

I am not sure why the Dev has the program set to show anything but the xml file in that second list... it is confusing... lol...

If you still have issues after following the steps above I am not sure what could be going on....

If anyone else has tested the jrummy_blue clock and notifications theme since I ran them through the converter, can you please confirm if they have worked okay for you?

I cleared out everything, but this time I just clicked apply all, it skipped the clock options and the framework option doesn't do anything.... I just get the droid loading wheel for several minutes.:(

Anybody know of another way to either turn the notification bar clock blue or to get rid of it?