MetaMorph themes for swype

GeneRs

Reaction score
Hey guys...Newbie here. When I try to move to file to system/apps I am getting an unable to paste because it is a read only file.

Any help would be appreciated

Ryan

If you're using Root Explorer, tap the "Mount R/W" button at the top of the screen.

Reaction score
Hey guys...Newbie here. When I try to move to file to system/apps I am getting an unable to paste because it is a read only file.

Ryan
in rootexplorer at the top there is a "R/W" button, simply click that button so its set to read/write and then your good to go :)

Cronkalicious

Reaction score
Thanks

Ryan
in rootexplorer at the top there is a "R/W" button, simply click that button so its set to read/write and then your good to go :)

I actually toggled that but didn't go through the process. Thanks...I learn something every minute on here. The instructions also mention an Android theme folder on the SD. Is this a folder that I need to make?

Last edited:

goldenglow21

Reaction score
now your talking about some heavy mods there, not sure if the glow and letters can be different colors. the tracer i know how to mod but i tried it on the red keyboard with red tracer but didnt look right. ill play around with it later, maybe
I hate to annoy you with requests, but if you find the time could you possibly edit the black/orange theme with an orange (maybe bright orange?) tracer/trail?

Possibly make one black/green the exact same way.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks.

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
now your talking about some heavy mods there, not sure if the glow and letters can be different colors. the tracer i know how to mod but i tried it on the red keyboard with red tracer but didnt look right. ill play around with it later, maybe
I hate to annoy you with requests, but if you find the time could you possibly edit the black/orange theme with an orange (maybe bright orange?) tracer/trail?

Possibly make one black/green the exact same way.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks.

if someone can point me towards the hex code i need to search for then yeah,ill try to work it in. i know its located in the libswype.so but cant remember the hex code i need to change.

GeneRs

Reaction score

Ryan

I actually toggled that but didn't go through the process. Thanks...I learn something every minute on here. The instructions also mention an Android theme folder on the SD. Is this a folder that I need to make?

I believe Metamorph will create it for you. Been on my SD card so long I can't remember.

Cronkalicious

Reaction score

I believe Metamorph will create it for you. Been on my SD card so long I can't remember.

Thanks GeneRs.......I am now swyping in blue.

Shadowlord

Reaction score
The orange and black looks great, how ever I am trying to put togather red theme for myself. Could I asked for black keys, red letters and red tracer. I love swype , lost it couple months ago. Saw this thread and was able to get it back and with style. So thanks for every thing.

jbrock98

Reaction score
Think maybe we could get an orange metamorph theme?

Sent from my Insanely Clean Droid using Tapatalk

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
Think maybe we could get an orange metamorph theme?

Sent from my Insanely Clean Droid using Tapatalk

thought i already had an orange one up, ill look and if not,ill make one.

i cant figure out how to change the tracer line color,can anyone point me to a guide. i thought i had it figured out but after numerous trial and error i must move on,to catch up with the request.

Tepes

Reaction score
write out the steps you are doing and ill try to see where you went wronge.

So here's what I did;
Using Root Explorer
1. copy com.swype.android.installer-1.apk from data/app to system/app
2. rename com.swype.... to swype.apk
3. in data/app tack on .bak to com.swype.... to make it unreadable
4. reset permissions on swype.apk in system/app
5. reboot
6. after reboot, check that swype is working
7. open Metamorph
8. unzip/extract Black version and Blue version.
9. go to Pick existing theme> SwypeBlack> SwypeBlack.xml> swype.apk sub theme.
10. Everything seems to load fine after about 15-30 seconds.
11. reboot phone
12. check swype. Still works but theme does not apply.
13. repeat steps 9-11 with Blue, achieve same results.
The only thing I can think is that I am using the current legit version obtained from Swype and the last time, I was using the version that was floating around on here for download. Any help would be much appreciated. Always hate it when I hit a moment of Droid Don't, but with this community, that never seems to last long :)

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
write out the steps you are doing and ill try to see where you went wronge.

So here's what I did;
Using Root Explorer
1. copy com.swype.android.installer-1.apk from data/app to system/app
2. rename com.swype.... to swype.apk
3. in data/app tack on .bak to com.swype.... to make it unreadable
4. reset permissions on swype.apk in system/app
5. reboot
6. after reboot, check that swype is working
7. open Metamorph
8. unzip/extract Black version and Blue version.
9. go to Pick existing theme> SwypeBlack> SwypeBlack.xml> swype.apk sub theme.
10. Everything seems to load fine after about 15-30 seconds.
11. reboot phone
12. check swype. Still works but theme does not apply.
13. repeat steps 9-11 with Blue, achieve same results.
The only thing I can think is that I am using the current legit version obtained from Swype and the last time, I was using the version that was floating around on here for download. Any help would be much appreciated. Always hate it when I hit a moment of Droid Don't, but with this community, that never seems to last long :)

your moving the installer and not the actual .apk theres 2 apk that are swype related in /data/app. im also using the legit beta release.

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
update....check post #5 for the black keyboard with red glowing keys

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
another update check post #5 for a black keyboard with green glowing letters

did i fill all the request beside changing the tracer color. im sill trying to figure that out.