Merry Christmas Everyone! SSX 1.1 is Under the Tree ;)

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
First off - Merry Christmas!

Secondly - there are no screenshots yet, nor an unthemed version. It is Xmas so I won't be on long. That stuff will follow. This is based off 2.3.340 (/system). Hence the larger download size. Testing thus far has indicated that you MUST upgrade to 2.3.320 at a minimum. Plus all market apps refreshed.

Thirdly - I have only had two testers, no issues yet. One thing is clear though, again, you must upgrade to minimum 2.3.320 via OTA or SBF.

Not much else is new since I've been so busy. However, wanted to get a fresh update out :)

Simply Stunning X v1.1

Last edited:

umx

Reaction score
virtual fist pounding coming your way.

Just installed, dont freak if it sits at the boot animation for 5mins or more

Last edited:

dhaymond

Reaction score
Works great still looks good thanks again chevy. Shows 2.2.1 update too, thanx. No more phone saying I have an update. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

umx

Reaction score
if you use over clock droid, it disable chevy tools for some reason.

Last edited:

slipvayne9278

Reaction score
So i have a question. Lets say i was running ssx. Then went back to stock to do update. Can i go back to ssx. Then install ssx v1.1 over it so i dont have to reinstall everything?

umx

Reaction score
So i have a question. Lets say i was running ssx. Then went back to stock to do update. Can i go back to ssx. Then install ssx v1.1 over it so i dont have to reinstall everything?

What do u mean exactly?

U need to be on 2.3.320 before u can do ssx1.1

slipvayne9278

Reaction score
I am 3.40 right now. But i know i can go back to ssx which will show 3.15 but can i go back to that to do the upgrade or should i just do a complete fresh install?

ssxfiend

Reaction score

You're on the right track. Once you go stock and update, you will have to re-root(of course). You will need to go straight to SSX 1.1. You won't be able to go back to the original SSX.
Unfortunately, you can't go back to 2.3.15 after you upgrade to 2.3.340. I tried it, several times, with RSDlite, and the 2.3.15 SBF. Its a no go. Phone won't get past Bootloader. You must use 2.3.340 SBF, if ever you need to go stock again.

umx

Reaction score
once u go to 2.3.320 you cant go back to anything previously before that.

ssxfiend

Reaction score
I have a question, gents. Not to worry over Christmas, but when someone gets a chance:

I installed SSX 1.1, and when I use any app that requests Super User Permissions, the box does not pop up to request, and the action fails. My overclock will not load the module, and the wireless tether doesn't load the required module, either. They both worked before the update.zip, and I have restored a backup(created just prior to SSX install) and re-installed SSX. I still have the same issue. I was trying to fix permissions, but the scripts tab in Chevy's tools force closes the tools. When I tried to fix permissions through Rom Manager, it would not request root, and did not run any script.

Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

ssxfiend

Reaction score
I have a question, gents. Not to worry over Christmas, but when someone gets a chance:

I installed SSX 1.1, and when I use any app that requests Super User Permissions, the box does not pop up to request, and the action fails. My overclock will not load the module, and the wireless tether doesn't load the required module, either. They both worked before the update.zip, and I have restored a backup(created just prior to SSX install) and re-installed SSX. I still have the same issue. I was trying to fix permissions, but the scripts tab in Chevy's tools force closes the tools. When I tried to fix permissions through Rom Manager, it would not request root, and did not run any script.

Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

And these actions worked prior to the update.zip, and after the restore, just not with SSX loaded. If anyone else is having this problem, let me know. I will post any solution that I find.

slipvayne9278

Reaction score
I was able to restore ssx after doing the ota update. But instead of saying 3.40 it said 3.15. And it had no issues did not try to flash back just went back to stock updated rerooted then restored ssx and it worked. No matter i did a fresh install