Merry Christmas Everyone! SSX 1.1 is Under the Tree ;)

419superman

Reaction score
navigation not working?

so im having an issue. im not sure if it has occured since my update because i never really use my GPS but ive been doing alot of traveling and have been attempting to use it. I know the GPS worked just fine on ssx 1.0 but since the update everytime i type a destination it seem to be endlessly searching for signal.

Ive had the phones navigation turned on for days and still a "searching for signal" message on the gps screen.

HELP ME CHEVY, id be glad to buy you a beer :] :)

Mr DSM

Reaction score
bump...

I'm having issues getting this to flash onto my DX. Here's my log. I wiped my phone last night and my SD card this morning and rooted, then tried to flash this. I go into clockwork, hit flash rom from sd...it restarts and the little droid guy shows up with the progress bar for a half a second then it flashes the triangle and "!", followed by a reboot with no change...any help would be greatly appreciated...had SS installed before and loved it

Starting recovery on Sun Apr 3 16:29:04 2011
can't open /dev/tty0: No such file or directory
framebuffer: fd 4 (480 x 854)
ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.6
Command: "/sbin/recovery"

ro.secure=1
ro.allow.mock.location=0
ro.debuggable=0
persist.service.adb.enable=1
ro.factorytest=0
ro.usb_mode=normal
ro.serialno=015D76030F020023
ro.bootmode=reboot
ro.baseband=unknown
ro.carrier=unknown
ro.bootloader=3004
ro.hardware=mapphone_cdma
ro.revision=0
ro.sys.atvc_allow_netmon_usb=0
ro.sys.atvc_allow_netmon_ih=0
ro.sys.atvc_allow_res_core=0
ro.sys.atvc_allow_res_panic=0
ro.sys.atvc_allow_all_adb=0
ro.sys.atvc_allow_all_core=0
ro.sys.atvc_allow_efem=0
ro.sys.atvc_allow_bp_log=0
ro.sys.atvc_allow_ap_mot_log=0
ro.sys.atvc_allow_gki_log=0
persist.sys.language=en
persist.sys.country=US
persist.sys.timezone=America/Detroit
persist.sys.localevar=
persist.service.vibrate.setting=1
ro.FOREGROUND_APP_MEM=3072
ro.VISIBLE_APP_MEM=4608
ro.SECONDARY_SERVER_MEM=9216
ro.BACKUP_APP_MEM=9216
ro.HOME_APP_MEM=9216
ro.HIDDEN_APP_MEM=10752
ro.CONTENT_PROVIDER_MEM=12288
ro.EMPTY_APP_MEM=12288
ro.MAX_HIDDEN_APPS=300
ro.FOREGROUND_APP_ADJ=0
ro.VISIBLE_APP_ADJ=1
ro.SECONDARY_SERVER_ADJ=2
ro.BACKUP_APP_ADJ=2
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=4
ro.HIDDEN_APP_MIN_ADJ=7
ro.CONTENT_PROVIDER_ADJ=14
ro.EMPTY_APP_ADJ=15
net.tcp.buffersize.default=65536,131072,262144,65536,131072,262144
net.change=net.tcp.buffersize.gprs
net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=65536,131072,262144,65536,131072,262144
net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4094,87380,110208,4096,16384,110208
net.tcp.buffersize.edge=4093,26280,35040,4096,16384,35040
net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4092,8760,11680,4096,8760,11680
init.svc.adbd=running

I:Checking for extendedcommand...
I:Running extendedcommand...
Waiting for SD Card to mount (20s)
SD Card mounted...
I:Running script:
I:
print "ROM Manager Version 3.0.1.5"
print "Preparing to install ROM..."
install_zip SDCARD:/SS-GB-5.2-update.zip

Parsed /tmp/extendedcommand
calling command print
ROM Manager Version 3.0.1.5
calling command print
Preparing to install ROM...
calling command install_zip

-- Installing: SDCARD:/SS-GB-5.2-update.zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: SDCARD:/SS-GB-5.2-update.zip
Opening update package...
I:Update file path: /sdcard/SS-GB-5.2-update.zip
Installing update...
I:Trying update-binary.
script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "sholes"
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "sholes"
E:Error in /sdcard/SS-GB-5.2-update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Failure at line 3:

cjriddle22

Reaction score
bump...

I'm having issues getting this to flash onto my DX. Here's my log. I wiped my phone last night and my SD card this morning and rooted, then tried to flash this. I go into clockwork, hit flash rom from sd...it restarts and the little droid guy shows up with the progress bar for a half a second then it flashes the triangle and "!", followed by a reboot with no change...any help would be greatly appreciated...had SS installed before and loved it

Starting recovery on Sun Apr 3 16:29:04 2011
can't open /dev/tty0: No such file or directory
framebuffer: fd 4 (480 x 854)
ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.6
Command: "/sbin/recovery"
-- Installing: SDCARD:/SS-GB-5.2-update.zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: SDCARD:/SS-GB-5.2-update.zip
Opening update package...
I:Update file path: /sdcard/SS-GB-5.2-update.zip
Installing update...
I:Trying update-binary.
script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "sholes"
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "sholes"
E:Error in /sdcard/SS-GB-5.2-update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Failure at line 3:

I by no means think I can accurately read this log. The one thing that sticks out to me is the name of the zip file. It appears the one you tried flashing is for the OG Droid. The one I downloaded and flashed was called SimplyStunningX-v1.1-update. Unless you changed the name of the zip file. Let's start here and move forward. Are you sure you flashed the correct zip file for the DX?

Mr DSM

Reaction score
its the zip file i got when i clicked the link in the OP in this thread...it says simply stunning x v1.1....

unless there is a random zip file on my sd card somewhere else it's trying to open...but even then i know i've gone into clockwork and selected the ssx file to flash...still no luck

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Failure at line 3:

This is the line that caused me the most concern, SS-GB-5.2-update.zip, that is not the zip file for the X, but the one mentioned below is the correct one.

its the zip file i got when i clicked the link in the OP in this thread...it says simply stunning x v1.1....

unless there is a random zip file on my sd card somewhere else it's trying to open...but even then i know i've gone into clockwork and selected the ssx file to flash...still no luck

What are you flashing SSX over? the stock ROM? another version of SSX?

Did you wipe data and cache during install?

Mr DSM

Reaction score
stock rom...like i said i wiped everything on the phone the night before then tried to flash ssx the next morning and got the above...but when i told clockwork to flash it i did NOT check the 2 boxes to wipe everything as the first time i installed SS i didn't and everything worked fine

Mr DSM

Reaction score
ok so i wiped my phone all over again and retried with clockwork and I'm booting SS now :)

JoJoLanny

Reaction score
Hey guys.....

This is my first time flashing SSX (v1.1). Could you tell me what the use of "SetCPU" is and "terminal emulator" as well. Are these used to fix known issue certain phones have with ForceCloses and stuff not working properly?

I just flashed SSX and it's actually rebooting right now....wait.....holy sh$#.... Tha's a sweet boot animation!!!! LOL Maybe that Nandroid backup wasn't needed. anywayz..... If Sensei says this is a good ROM and backs it up, then I definitely gonna try.

thank you for your time guys.

babbtong

Reaction score
Hi, I really want to try out this rom as I keep hearing great things about it, but i'm having problems after installation. Here are the steps I took:

1) flashed to 2.3.340
2) rooted, flashed Clockwork Recovery via Rom Manager, then Bootstrap Recovery and Restart in Recovery
3) wiped cache and data
4) installed via the sd card zip file or whatever that option is called

I got no errors during installation, and after the install was completed the phone restarted. Now it's been stuck at the M logo for about 20 minutes. Does it normally take this long? Should I try a battery pull? I have it plugged into my wall charger if that makes a difference... Thanks for any help

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Hi, I really want to try out this rom as I keep hearing great things about it, but i'm having problems after installation. Here are the steps I took:

1) flashed to 2.3.340
2) rooted, flashed Clockwork Recovery via Rom Manager, then Bootstrap Recovery and Restart in Recovery
3) wiped cache and data

I got no errors during installation, and after the install was completed the phone restarted. Now it's been stuck at the M logo for about 20 minutes. Does it normally take this long? Should I try a battery pull? I have it plugged into my wall charger if that makes a difference... Thanks for any help

So did it eventually boot up? All of your steps appear to be accurate. Being stuck at at the M logo does concern me though.. I remember the first time I loaded this rom up, I was stuck at the SS boot animation for like 10 minutes, but it eventually booted up.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Hey guys.....

This is my first time flashing SSX (v1.1). Could you tell me what the use of "SetCPU" is and "terminal emulator" as well. Are these used to fix known issue certain phones have with ForceCloses and stuff not working properly?

I just flashed SSX and it's actually rebooting right now....wait.....holy sh$#.... Tha's a sweet boot animation!!!! LOL Maybe that Nandroid backup wasn't needed. anywayz..... If Sensei says this is a good ROM and backs it up, then I definitely gonna try.

thank you for your time guys.

SetCPU is an app that lets you control the frequency of your cpu, overclocking and underclocking.. More info can be found here...

SetCPU for Root Users

Terminal emulator is an app that lets you use the command line of Linux in your android operating system. I believe this rom has scripts built into it, which will let you make certain changes without having to use the UI. More info here.

Android Terminal Emulator ~ Android Application v1.0.26 By Jack Palevich | Tools

babbtong

Reaction score

1) flashed to 2.3.340
3) wiped cache and data

So did it eventually boot up? All of your steps appear to be accurate. Being stuck at at the M logo does concern me though.. I remember the first time I loaded this rom up, I was stuck at the SS boot animation for like 10 minutes, but it eventually booted up.

Nope, never booted. I tried battery pulls, left it on the M logo for about 20 hours, nothing. I kept trying to install it by going into the recovery screen, and eventually I couldn't get into that either. It gave me the triangle with the yellow exclamation point, and nothing in the recovery menu that comes up by pressing the search button worked either. I had to reflash the sbf. I've gone through this process about 3 times now, and my battery is drained so I need to borrow a friend's battery in order to sbf again. I guess I'll have to give up on using this rom :-(

cjriddle22

Reaction score

1) flashed to 2.3.340
3) wiped cache and data

Nope, never booted. I tried battery pulls, left it on the M logo for about 20 hours, nothing. I kept trying to install it by going into the recovery screen, and eventually I couldn't get into that either. It gave me the triangle with the yellow exclamation point, and nothing in the recovery menu that comes up by pressing the search button worked either. I had to reflash the sbf. I've gone through this process about 3 times now, and my battery is drained so I need to borrow a friend's battery in order to sbf again. I guess I'll have to give up on using this rom :-(

Man that sucks. The only other thing I would suggest would be to verify or re-download the SimplyStunningX-v1.1-update zip file. The one I have is 125 MB. Maybe you had a bad download..