Merry Christmas Everyone! SSX 1.1 is Under the Tree ;)

slipvayne9278

Reaction score
I have a question, gents. Not to worry over Christmas, but when someone gets a chance:

I installed SSX 1.1, and when I use any app that requests Super User Permissions, the box does not pop up to request, and the action fails. My overclock will not load the module, and the wireless tether doesn't load the required module, either. They both worked before the update.zip, and I have restored a backup(created just prior to SSX install) and re-installed SSX. I still have the same issue. I was trying to fix permissions, but the scripts tab in Chevy's tools force closes the tools. When I tried to fix permissions through Rom Manager, it would not request root, and did not run any script.

Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

Did the phone become unrooted? I had the same problem and i just rerooted it and had no more issues

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ssxfiend

Reaction score
once u go to 2.3.320 you cant go back to anything previously before that.

Thanks for the clarification. Any idea on my super user freak out? I've tried replacing super user, and busy box, and re-assigning permissions to each. Tried installing over working system, with no wipe, and after a full wipe. Keeps giving me the same problem.

ssxfiend

Reaction score
I was able to restore ssx after doing the ota update. But instead of saying 3.40 it said 3.15. And it had no issues did not try to flash back just went back to stock updated rerooted then restored ssx and it worked. No matter i did a fresh install

Glad it worked out for you. Sorry if I was off about the install of ssx1 over 2.3.340. Just knew that going back to .15 from .32 or up is not supposed to be possible. I assumed the install of a .15 rom over an updated version wouldn't work. Thanks for the correction. Always good to know the truth.

ssxfiend

Reaction score
I have a question, gents. Not to worry over Christmas, but when someone gets a chance:

I installed SSX 1.1, and when I use any app that requests Super User Permissions, the box does not pop up to request, and the action fails. My overclock will not load the module, and the wireless tether doesn't load the required module, either. They both worked before the update.zip, and I have restored a backup(created just prior to SSX install) and re-installed SSX. I still have the same issue. I was trying to fix permissions, but the scripts tab in Chevy's tools force closes the tools. When I tried to fix permissions through Rom Manager, it would not request root, and did not run any script.

Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

Did the phone become unrooted? I had the same problem and i just rerooted it and had no more issues

Tried a manual root once ssx 1.1 was loaded. Replaced all the files and re-assigned permissions. Still had the same issue.

umx

Reaction score
worst case just use Z4root to reroot the phone. Its allot easier to do then manually rooting the phone.

dolfanpete

Reaction score
So it is possible to install this over .315?

I was able to restore ssx after doing the ota update. But instead of saying 3.40 it said 3.15. And it had no issues did not try to flash back just went back to stock updated rerooted then restored ssx and it worked. No matter i did a fresh install

Glad it worked out for you. Sorry if I was off about the install of ssx1 over 2.3.340. Just knew that going back to .15 from .32 or up is not supposed to be possible. I assumed the install of a .15 rom over an updated version wouldn't work. Thanks for the correction. Always good to know the truth.

umx

Reaction score
NO you if read what he clearly said, you have to be on 2.3.320.

Secondly - there are no screenshots yet, nor an unthemed version. It is Xmas so I won't be on long. That stuff will follow. This is based off 2.3.340 (/system). Hence the larger download size. Testing thus far has indicated that you MUST upgrade to 2.3.320 at a minimum.

Hence the big bold red fawking print that says you must be on 2.3.320. chevy clearly said u must be on 2.3.320 idk why people insist on asking if u can do it over 2.3.15, 2.3.19, or w.e if your not on 2.3.320 or higher dont install it. Just sbf your phone and update it. Not a hard concept. People wonder why they bork their phone when they dont listen. If you dont know how to sbf there is guides on mydroidworld on how to do that. And use z4root root you can find it on XDA forums. One click root button. Works effing amazing.

I still cant figure out why my phone keeps restarting.
Its like the mechanic saying your tie rod is bent dont drive on your car til its fixed and you go drive on it to see if you can.

Last edited:

dolfanpete

Reaction score
No would have Been sufficient

Thanks though.

NO you if read what he clearly said, you have to be on 2.3.320.

Secondly - there are no screenshots yet, nor an unthemed version. It is Xmas so I won't be on long. That stuff will follow. This is based off 2.3.340 (/system). Hence the larger download size. Testing thus far has indicated that you MUST upgrade to 2.3.320 at a minimum.

Hence the big bold red fawking print that says you must be on 2.3.320. chevy clearly said u must be on 2.3.320 idk why people insist on asking if u can do it over 2.3.15, 2.3.19, or w.e if your not on 2.3.320 or higher dont install it. Just sbf your phone and update it. Not a hard concept. People wonder why they bork their phone when they dont listen. If you dont know how to sbf there is guides on mydroidworld on how to do that. And use z4root root you can find it on XDA forums. One click root button. Works effing amazing.

I still cant figure out why my phone keeps restarting.
Its like the mechanic saying your tie rod is bent dont drive on your car til its fixed and you go drive on it to see if you can.

umx

Reaction score
If you would have read, you wouldn't have had to ask either :)
Works both ways. Also u do not need to be on 2.3.340 nothing big in that update.

Just sbf with 2.3.320, im doing it right now, bc i have restart issues that i need to figure out what is causing it. could of been the overclock and not enough voltage idk

Last edited:

umx

Reaction score
Anyway to get a themed keyboard chevy? Maybe in black/white/ or black and blue?
bc if you install anyone else's it borks chevy tools.

So for anyone else thinking of adding a keyboard dont do it, if you want to be able to use Chevy tools.

Also camera doesnt seem to be working or camcorder cant see anything thru the lens. Just a black screen

Last edited:

ssxfiend

Reaction score
If you would have read, you wouldn't have had to ask either :)
Works both ways. Also u do not need to be on 2.3.340 nothing big in that update.

Just sbf with 2.3.320, im doing it right now, bc i have restart issues that i need to figure out what is causing it. could of been the overclock and not enough voltage idk

It very well could be not enough voltage on a particular clock rate. I had the same issue when I first overclocked my x.. And thanks for the advice on z4. I'll give that a shot next. Haven't had the issue with the camera. I'll have to mess around with it & see if I can duplicate that.

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

So for anyone else thinking of adding a keyboard dont do it, if you want to be able to use Chevy tools.

Also camera doesnt seem to be working or camcorder cant see anything thru the lens. Just a black screen

You should be able to add a keyboard .. but the update.zip you are using is changing build.prop .. remove that and it should work!

umx

Reaction score

You should be able to add a keyboard .. but the update.zip you are using is changing build.prop .. remove that and it should work!

how would i go about that ? not to sure what to edit in there for that. and thx in advance. bc i was using darkslide's black unthemed_keyboard

ya SSXfiend i have no camera use right now wat so ever.

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

how would i go about that ? not to sure what to edit in there for that. and thx in advance. bc i was using darkslide's black unthemed_keyboard

ya SSXfiend i have no camera use right now wat so ever.

Assuming it is an update.zip .. there should be an apk in there .. extract it, and push to /system/app .. that should do it ..