Memory on a Android phone?????

cjsmoove

Reaction score
Coming from a Blackberry, do android phones leak memory lke blackeberrys do? I'm most definitely getting the Bionic and it will be my first Android phone but I was wondering about that and if it's a problem thats dealt with on a routine basis, and are reboots normally done daily?

Phoenixfiref22

Reaction score
Android handles RAM differently than the Blackberries (least I like to think so). It maxes out the memory with apps that you open, and keeps as many apps as it can in an "inactive" state while devoting all resources necessary to the currently running app. This allows for a much more fluid and quick swap between apps you open frequently, thus the whole wonder of "Multi-tasking". (That's how I understood it from my wanderings about in the dev forums).

alboboy10

Reaction score
Definitely not. I had the storm and that thing ran out of memory every hour with no apps. I had the same question as u, got the droid one and loved it. It's unbelievable how different android and bb are

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're planning on grabbing the Bionic, I wouldn't worry too much about memory problems. It will have 1gig of memory, as apposed to your BB which comes with 96 megabytes. 1gig=1024megabytes.

I believe most people use SD cards for their BB's to store everything on them but the essentials which you can't run on an SD card.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Phoenixfiref22

Reaction score
I should also note that when the memory is full, Android dumps as much memory as it needs to open the new app, by fully closing and removing from the RAM the apps that have been there the longest and least used. (As in, if you opened something an hour ago and a bunch of other apps in between and haven't used the app from an hour ago again, it will dump the app from an hour ago to make room for the new ones).

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're planning on grabbing the Bionic, I wouldn't worry too much about memory problems. It will have 1gig of memory, as apposed to your BB which comes with 96 megabytes. 1gig=1024megabytes.

I believe most people use SD cards for their BB's to store everything on them but the essentials which you can't run on an SD card.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course they will, this is a forum. Relevant.