Memory Booster – Android RAM Optimizer to Speed Up Your Smartphone!

Darkseider

Reaction score
Anyone that has read any of my posts know where I stand on this stuff. Let the OS do its' job.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My thought was this is another form of auto task killer. My Droid doesn't need that, thank you. I'll pass.

motodroid34

Reaction score
These are almost invariably snake oil. Sure, it's possible that this is the one that actually works, but I rather doubt it. I get the impression that a lot of these tools are written by blackberry and windows mobile developer trying to jump on to the Android bandwagon. Again, what people forget is that linux (which android is based on) sees free memory as wasted memory. It will do its level best to keep every scrap of RAM in the phone occupied with something, just in case it needs it later. If it then needs the RAM, it will discard something to make the room. And it will do so automatically, with no help from the user.

Good point but inactive application running in the background kills battery and slows the system speed. I installed its free version and this "booster" seems to work well.:)

Agree.:icon_ banana:
even know droid manage memory very well. little help wont hurt.dancedroid

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Thread cleaned of false endorsements..................

OP
A

asforel

Reaction score
These are almost invariably snake oil. Sure, it's possible that this is the one that actually works, but I rather doubt it. I get the impression that a lot of these tools are written by blackberry and windows mobile developer trying to jump on to the Android bandwagon. Again, what people forget is that linux (which android is based on) sees free memory as wasted memory. It will do its level best to keep every scrap of RAM in the phone occupied with something, just in case it needs it later. If it then needs the RAM, it will discard something to make the room. And it will do so automatically, with no help from the user.

Good point but inactive application running in the background kills battery and slows the system speed. I installed its free version and this "booster" seems to work well.:)

Agree.:icon_ banana:
even know droid manage memory very well. little help wont hurt.dancedroid

MemoryBooster will not kill battery, on the other side, it can save battery for you. I intall it for about two weeks, works fine and really does it claims. Definitely runs faster ,good droid eris:blackdroid:

M Moogle

Reaction score
Defragmenting RAM? Well, that would make a huge difference if you have RAM with a slow seek time :huh:
Yeah I was wondering if anyone else caught that!

Anyone who tells you you need to "defragment your RAM" is NOT a developer and does not even understand how RAM works. Its Random Access Memory, guys. Random means that its SUPPOSED to be accessed out of order. Access times have no bearing on the physical location of information within the RAM.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sorry, I saw this and my inner CS degree had to speak up. Memory fragmentation is a very real thing. Granted, its not something that a normal user has to worry about (it's the OS's job to take care of it), and I seriously doubt this program can do much about it, but RAM can certainly have fragmentation issues. Just Google for memory fragmentation and read all about it.

Taegost

Reaction score
Defragmenting RAM? Well, that would make a huge difference if you have RAM with a slow seek time :huh:
Yeah I was wondering if anyone else caught that!

Anyone who tells you you need to "defragment your RAM" is NOT a developer and does not even understand how RAM works. Its Random Access Memory, guys. Random means that its SUPPOSED to be accessed out of order. Access times have no bearing on the physical location of information within the RAM.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sorry, I saw this and my inner CS degree had to speak up. Memory fragmentation is a very real thing. Granted, its not something that a normal user has to worry about (it's the OS's job to take care of it), and I seriously doubt this program can do much about it, but RAM can certainly have fragmentation issues. Just Google for memory fragmentation and read all about it.

I'm glad you said that, I was reading through the rest of the posts hoping someone else got to it before I did. I agree, it does exist, but it shouldn't be an issue :)

Taegost

Reaction score
I just just went to AppBrain to install it, and I noticed something funny from the permission list...
Why the hell does this app need the ability to take pictures?

OP
A

asforel

Reaction score
I find that Memory Booster can save battery, that's really awsome. Lol......

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I find that Memory Booster can save battery, that's really awsome. Lol......

Your argument is compelling. However, after much twisting of my elongated mustache, I have decided against installing it, my good man.

OP
A

asforel

Reaction score
New features

Memory Booster’s new release. These functions includes Boost Level Manager, Whitelist Manager and Auto Boost function which satisfy a lot of Android users by recovering memory leak, keeping Android Smartphone running fast and efficiently, and most importantly, saving to 50% of the device’s battery.dancedroid

Here are some main features of Memory Booster:
·Real-time Smartphone Memory Status Report & Monitor
Memory Booster gives you professional, easy-to-read status report on your Smartphone's memory usage. A live chart demonstrates your total available memory and current memory usage. Memory Booster makes it easy to see how well your Smartphone is performing, and to check if your system is overloaded.
[FONT=&quot]·Setting Your Performance Target
Using Memory Booster's Settings function, you can boost phones by setting performance goal fits your profile. Memory Booster will work to keep your memory at desired levels, and act immediately if memory drops below critical level.

Fore more release infor check it Here :icon_ banana:[/FONT]

M Moogle

Reaction score
Umm.. are you some kind of shill or the author of this program? Cause there's no way that it can really do any of the things it claims. Anyone who installs this is not going to get any benefit from it, despite what the PR release at your link claims.

Edit: It also requires permissions it has no reason to need. Stay way from this one, folks.

OP
A

asforel

Reaction score
Umm.. are you some kind of shill or the author of this program? Cause there's no way that it can really do any of the things it claims. Anyone who installs this is not going to get any benefit from it, despite what the PR release at your link claims.

Edit: It also requires permissions it has no reason to need. Stay way from this one, folks.

Hi It works fine on my moto droid, I just share with friends about my experience. Like it or not it's up to you. But it really save my battery. I just read their release yesterday about the new features.

M Moogle

Reaction score

Hi It works fine on my moto droid, I just share with friends about my experience. Like it or not it's up to you. But it really save my battery. I just read their release yesterday about the new features.

Hmm.. I thought you had an Eris?
asforel said:
Definitely runs faster ,good droid eris:blackdroid:
You're pretty much the only one posting in this thread about this application that has good things to say about it. The whole "RAM defragmentation" thing has already been debunked and theres no way it would possibly save any battery life. This thread has already been cleaned once of false testimonies. I think it needs to be again...