MattyP's .215 Leak Classroom

There I was, all set to start my .215 install. But first I thought, that I should check here first, so I started reading the thread from the most recent, going back. I'm glad that I did. As I follow along, am I to understand that if I install .215, that I might not be able to:

a) receive OTA updates and
b) have a problem using my lapdock.

Did I read this right?

Well it's speculation at this point whether or not you'll be able to upgrade over the air, but you can always Fastboot back to .211 and you're back on the upgrade path. As far is the problems with the laptop is concerned I'm not familiar with that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bocabean said:
There I was, all set to start my .215 install. But first I thought, that I should check here first, so I started reading the thread from the most recent, going back. I'm glad that I did. As I follow along, am I to understand that if I install .215, that I might not be able to:

a) receive OTA updates and
b) have a problem using my lapdock.

Did I read this right?

No one is certain about receiving OTA updates, but the consensus is you should be able to... it IS official software, its just been leaked... its not something someone cooked up while poogling.

As for the lapdock, I have never used one so someone else will have to weigh in on that :)

You *should* be able to take an OTA on the .215 leak ... but it's not 100% certain yet. But yes you can fastboot back to .211, it has been done, FoxKat was a guinea pig and did so successfully.

Actually I RSD'd back to .211 using the Fastboot file but did it the old fashion manual way.

:D

No one is certain about receiving OTA updates, but the consensus is you should be able to... it IS official software, its just been leaked... its not something someone cooked up while poogling.

As for the lapdock, I have never used one so someone else will have to weigh in on that :)

Poogling?:confused:

BTW, sorry for Ninja'ing you! :D

MattyP said:

No issues using the lapdock..using it right now just to test it out...:)

MattyP said:
AWESOME! Thank you for letting us know. I didn't want to give out any bad advice. :)

You give out bad advice..doubt it. If you told us to soak our phones in water to make it run faster I'd trust you and do it..lol. Just trying to do my part to help out the forum.

You give out bad advice..doubt it. If you told us to soak our phones in water to make it run faster I'd trust you and do it..lol. Just trying to do my part to help out the forum.

Koolaid is better ... it has sugar in it. If that don't work try buttermilk. :rofl3:

MattyP said:
Koolaid is better ... it has sugar in it. If that don't work try buttermilk. :rofl3:

Got it..I'll report back and let you know if one or both works..lol

Back