Making the purchase shortly

TcRoc

Reaction score
Hello All,
New to the forum and will be purchasing either the X or D2 with the buy one get one deal,, I see Verizon is releasing news in a couple days assuming about 4g phones,, I guess I'm questioning whether I should wait,, my gut says no because there is no way they'll be offering buy one get one deals with the new phones and they won't be out for awhile either.

I'm also having a tuff time deciding between X or D2 ,, the pull out keyboard would be nice but the X's touch screen looks big enough I wouldn't have a problem adjusting,,,,leaning towards X ... Decisions decisions

montlyfool

Reaction score
Droid X

Went to Verizon today and checked out the phones. I liked the X over the other phones due to the fact it is up to date on OS and the screen size.
The screen scrolled smoothly.
The D2 just did not fit my style and the keyboard on my orig Droid never gets used.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck and enjoy shopping. We will not buy until Feb, and by then, who knows what will be there.

Beka27

Reaction score
I don't think the X is BOGO anymore. (Did that just make your decision super easy? Lol...)

There are great new phones coming out (probably within the next 6 months), but you are right that they won't be BOGO for a long time. The X came out in July and it JUST went BOGO for the Christmas shopping season. So probably not until next Christmas or later.

Last edited:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you spend a lot of time in an area that is receiving LTE at launch? If not, then I'd go with the BOGO deal and wait a year.

The DX/D2 thing is a personal choice -- have fun.

Jordan8

Reaction score
No regrets purchasing my DX. I've adjusted to the virtual keyboard quite well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
if you really want the x,you could buy from a 3rd party retailer. there cheaper. like dell is 19 dollars i think.

OP
TcRoc

TcRoc

Reaction score
I'm a existing verizon customer with a family plan( 5 phones ) ,,my wifes phone and mine are the only ones with data plan if that makes a differance. I'd guess that price is for new customers

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you don't wait until after the CES you might be selling yourself short, it takes place the end of this week and throughout the weekend -

so sit back and see what new devices come to fruition -

Beka27

Reaction score
Well, if you can wait a bit longer, the Droid X is expected to be at its "end-of-life" in March (because of all the bigger/badder devices on the horizon). So I'll bet you (figurative) money that the Xs will be BOGO within the next 1-2 months. BUT, this doesn't help you today, and the longer you wait, the older the X technology will seem, and the longer until your next eligible upgrade.

Did you JUST become eligible for upgrades? I thought it was pretty well-publicized that the BOGO ended before Christmas.

OP
TcRoc

TcRoc

Reaction score
Did you JUST become eligible for upgrades? I thought it was pretty well-publicized that the BOGO ended before Christmas.

I may wait a bit,, I don't know when I became eligible and haven't been paying much attention to when what deal ends,, thats pretty apparent,, its called pre-occupied with life:)

lgonzal3

Reaction score
Someone else mentioned going through 3rd party retailers. They usually give you the best bang for your buck on upgrades. Try websites like Wirefly.com or Radioshack.

I also suggest getting your Droid X now, rather then later. If you can wait a few months do that, but if you cant get the DROID X you wont regret it!

Beka27

Reaction score
LOL, I totally understand "preoccupied with life"... stick around on the forum and you'll be able to keep track of what's going on a little bit better.

The X is an awesome phone.