Stupid to buy a Moto Droid now?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
First of all, you ot what we have, but likely for less than what we paid for it.

Early adopter syndrome.

It's a Droid! Enjoy it.

No matter what you purchase, there will ALWAYS be something else coming out shortly that will give you pause, that is the nature of the beast.

What is funny is that our Droid still commands a hefty share of users out there, that should tell you something.

Want to switch? Go for it. But if you keep your Droid, there is more than enough things tht you can do with it, and to it to keep it very viable for the next year and a half, then you upgrade to something we haven't yet even thought of
(Which will be the red headed stepchild of moto's 2Ghz monster and Google) :)

Diordna

Reaction score
Yeah don't regret it. I mean if I had the option to buy a Droid or the incredible, I'd still buy the original droid, it's better to me.

As for droid X, idk yet. It would seem to be TO new though as right now everyones on top of things with the first Droid and it gets better and better :)

rfriel

Reaction score
i have a droid x, it's AWESOME

and rooted too........ :icon_evil:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To be honest it depends on what you do. This is still the droid phone with the keyboard. Still has the best display so far(droid x is less pixels as well). Still has a seperate graphics processor. Seems to have the best battery life, and the most flexibility as far as rooting and custom roms and kernels. So No, it's still a great choice for a phone.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a lower resolution, which is probably what you meant.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I have the original droid and love it, and wouldnt upgrade to anything thats available now, actually wouldnt until the pro..

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid is worthless. It was a great phone last week but now it's worthless. The only phone worth having is one that you can't yet get.

warrior21

Reaction score
The Droid is worthless. It was a great phone last week but now it's worthless. The only phone worth having is one that you can't yet get.
I hate it when that happens

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

asmallchild

Reaction score
I wouldn't have.

Bought my Droid in December, already looking longingly at the new models.

I suspect December 2010 is when I'll reenter the market for a new phone.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Price wise? The Droid is the smartest move u can make if u search for the best deal.

U got the X, Droid 2, Droid Pro (the "2Ghz" phone coming at the end of the year), HTC supposed to have something new coming end of year too, someone else might have something new coming out that we don't even know about....

U try to wait & get the latest n greatest, or get the latest every time it comes out and you'll either be waiting for years to get a phone, be changing phones every 2-3 months, or you'll have 10 phones when it's all said n done.

Sorry, but technology doesn't stop or wait for anyone.

And the Droid is a great phone. I plan on getting the X, but I won't be selling my Droid.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it was a stock it would be dropping.....lol But it'll be alright. Good stocks always bounce back.

If the Droid 2 is a success, it will plummet.

kristoff125

Reaction score
On the bright side,you didn't wait for the incredibly bad to be in stock from high tech crap.

Taegost

Reaction score
Yeah, I was drooling over the newer phones, until I installed 2.2 on my Droid, now I'm content :)
I'm waiting for the Droid 2 to come out to see if it can be rooted as easily as the Droid... If it can, I'll have my sister get it and swap with her (They're pretty much the same base hardware-wise). If not, I'll have her get the BOGO on the Droid for her and her girlfriend and root'em both :)

kristoff125

Reaction score
Yeah, I was drooling over the newer phones, until I installed 2.2 on my Droid, now I'm content :)
I'm waiting for the Droid 2 to come out to see if it can be rooted as easily as the Droid... If it can, I'll have my sister get it and swap with her (They're pretty much the same base hardware-wise). If not, I'll have her get the BOGO on the Droid for her and her girlfriend and root'em both :)

BOGO only works on the same account.