Stupid to buy a Moto Droid now?

Nibbz

Reaction score
Hi, I just took advantage of verizon's bogo deal with my mom and got a moto droid. i like it a lot and it's without a doubt the best phone i've ever had, I'm kind of regretting the decision to buy it though. I feel like I should have waited for the Droid X, Droid 2, or even wait till the Incredible is in stock. Is the original Moto Droid still a good purchase? Should I return it within 30 days to get a different one? Thanks for any and all advice and comments.

dwagner88

Reaction score
I still love mine. If you wait for the droid x or droid 2, something else even better will be just around the corner. If you are happy with it, why bother? With the bogo deal you got, the new phones will be twice as expensive to you.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
To be honest it depends on what you do. This is still the droid phone with the keyboard. Still has the best display so far(droid x is less pixels as well). Still has a seperate graphics processor. Seems to have the best battery life, and the most flexibility as far as rooting and custom roms and kernels. So No, it's still a great choice for a phone.

The incredible has been plagued by screen, battery issues. We haven't seen anything like that. I can get a good 11 hours out of my phone. You can overclock it to benchmark higher than any other android phone for the moment. Well, the N1 but it isnt on our network.

Don't get caught up in the "new phone" hype. If you want a bigger screen and dont need the physical keyboard, get the X. The incredible I think has been passed by. It offers nothing the droid X wont, and has a smaller screen.

OP
Nibbz

Nibbz

Reaction score
I still love mine. If you wait for the droid x or droid 2, something else even better will be just around the corner. If you are happy with it, why bother? With the bogo deal you got, the new phones will be twice as expensive to you.

yeah i figured the droid 2 will probably be $199 and the Droid X prolly $299 (at least thats what an employee from Verizon told me). So this is the cheapest way, plus I do like it. I just dont want the software to be completely outdated in a year, or 2 when i go for my upgrade, do you see this happening? Or will Motorla, Verizon, and Android be updating the original Droid as well over the months?

Twista89

Reaction score
yea i just got my droid as well and I got it because its the only one with a keyboard and I love phones with keyboards

OP
Nibbz

Nibbz

Reaction score
yea i just got my droid as well and I got it because its the only one with a keyboard and I love phones with keyboards

i do love the keyboard. i use it alot. but isnt the droid 2 coming out in like august? that keyboard looks nicer and easier to type on

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Simple fact is that the Droid will remain in the forefront of all discussion until next july when the first wave of adopters begins to migrate to new hardware.

The community as a whole for the Droid is larger than any other community out there (except the iPhone of course) and since we're locked into contracts, we'll remain strong for a good long time to come.

Would I buy an X if I were in the market today?
Probably
Would I regret it at all if I bought a Droid today?
Not in the least.

OP
Nibbz

Nibbz

Reaction score
Simple fact is that the Droid will remain in the forefront of all discussion until next july when the first wave of adopters begins to migrate to new hardware.

The community as a whole for the Droid is larger than any other community out there (except the iPhone of course) and since we're locked into contracts, we'll remain strong for a good long time to come.

Would I buy an X if I were in the market today?
Probably
Would I regret it at all if I bought a Droid today?
Not in the least.

this post really helps me not regret my purchase and in fact embrace my purchase and my new droid. great post. thanks for those words haha. im just OCD when it comes to getting phones and a real good one when I can. I was impatient so I wanted the droid. I love it though and it still works great and will still be good in comparison to the other droids that are gonna be released. Love my Droid, glad I stuck with Verizon and adopted Android. it's amazing.

rfriel

Reaction score
this thread is right

don't buy a droid now, just go to the desert and stick your head in the sand, get it over with now........ the droid pain is toooo much for some people. yeah, tomorrow, i'll have a droid, but you'll still be stupid...... LOL

OP
Nibbz

Nibbz

Reaction score
its hard to follow stupid... no need to try and get smart, it was just a question. I wanna make sure I get the right device to carry me through the next 2 years.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just got mine or $20 on amazon........Love this thing to death.

Exactly it's a bargain and with all we have going on with the Droid right now it still is IMHO the best Android phone out there. Sure there are phones with bigger processors but you simply can't do the same things to them that you can do with a Droid.

I wouldn't even consider a Droid X at this time. Droid gives me everything I need. I figure I'll have it at least until September then probably look at the Droid 2 if it's out by then.