What Will Be Your Next Phone?

npro1464

Reaction score
I know there are still a lot of users here stuck with Thunderbolts (me, unfortunately one of them), but that means a whole slew of us should be due for an upgrade at relatively the same time! Me: I foolishly upgraded last year around this time, and won't be able to upgrade until next Jan. However, I figure that will be perfect to asses the phones and make the perfect decision. The GS3 should be a couple months old by then (in Verizon standards), Sony will probably have something cool out, Moto will be pumping out new phones, and usually the Nexus/new OS drops in the fall/winter.

So when is your upgrade, and what will be your next phone, whether through upgrade or through buying outright off-contract: The Samsung Galaxy S3, the HTC One X (if it comes to Verizon), the Galaxy Note/Journal, the Razr Maxx HD (whatever they decide to call it), or whatever mystery phone Sony has up it's sleeve?

edit- Me, I'm leaning towards a Galaxy S3. I always wanted the S2, and having a Thunderbolt has made me afraid of HTC phones. I also know the following behind the S3 will be huge, so the dev community should be there to support it. Of course, I'll wait to see what is rootable/unlockable.

Last edited:

osirhis

Reaction score
Well I have a GS2, but I just got that a couple months ago. So probably around upgrade time, they will have a GS4 or something lol... But I think in actuality I will probably just stick with the Galaxy brand and get whatever current model is out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

meishkov

Reaction score
Would've liked if the Samsung sg3 would've came to Verizon, cuz I'm gonna upgrade to quad core so I don't have to upgrade for years again after that, but that 4.8" screen is ginormous. There's no way I'd be able to rock that. I mean I do want a tablet too, but not some hybrid phone/tablet. Galaxy nexus 4.65" is big enough.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Don't know, ask in Dec 2013 and I'll let you know. The only phone I'd replace my Nexus with is a refurb Nexus:hail:

OP
N

npro1464

Reaction score
The only phone I would replace my Thunderbolt is... well anything but another Thunderbolt!!

I've been complaining about the growing size of phones since I got my Thunderbolt. However, ironically, because my TB is such a heavy, bulky brick (especially when putting the heavy Rezound batt in there), I do think that I will be able to tolerate the great size of the phone. It is bigger than I'd like but in the end, I want the best possible phone available and it's shaping up to be this phone.

I just hope it's rootable and the bootloader is unencrypted.