What phone to get on Verizon?

shoot2scre

Reaction score
The latest rumor says that the Bionic may not ship for Verizon. It will instead be replaced with something like the Targa.

Beardface

Reaction score
Sounds like you're decided, and good call imo, but one more thought: the first version of android that is designed to take advantage of a duel core cpu is honeycomb. Since that was specifically designed for tablets, it's unlikely to make it on to phones in its current form. So it might be a while before software can even use the power of the bionic's cpu.

Thunderstruck
Yeah, and even if they try to move a version of HC to phones... I just hate the look of it. Its such a drastic change from the Android look that I am used to and actually like. Do not like the time on the bottom, do not like the fonts...

But maybe thats just me.

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Yeah 4G is fast but I don't have any problems with 3G.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

I'm sorry but that statement suggests that you aren't really using your internet, in which case why is this even a thread, or that you don't really grasp the difference that a 50% smaller ping time and a ~ 10x download speed makes on a phone.

I'd go 4G in a heartbeat. Think about it...

OR like many of us live in a 3G area only and do not expect LTE until late 2012 or after. Rural Amerika sux.

OP
C

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Thunderbolt is easily rootable yet? I know they have root but the method I saw looked pretty hard and complicated.

jeffly777

Reaction score
I used the three step root process and it was a breeze. No problems. I know ADB really well and could do it the hard way, but I'm lazy. Anyone who can read and follow directions should have no trouble.

I would link to the post but I can't remember exactly where I found it. Search around- there are a lot of good guides.

Thunderstruck

OP
C

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
Thanks! I will look around for the 3 step root process. That is most likley the phone I am going to get. I really wish the Pyramid was on Verizon so I could get that but the Thunderbolt looks to be the next best one.