Made Dolphin my default browser, how can i switch back to stock?

missin44

Reaction score
I am trying out Dolphin browser, I made it my default browser. Anyway to expand my knowlege on the Droid a little, I would now like to know how to revert and make the stock browser my default.

Thanks

xndzizz

Reaction score
one way to do it is to uninstall dolphin. if you still want it - reinstall it, but this time around dont select it as the default.

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
go to settings > applications > manage applications > dolphin

there's an option there that says launch by default.. hit clear defaults.
that should revert you back to using the regular browser.

OP
M

missin44

Reaction score
go to settings > applications > manage applications > dolphin

there's an option there that says launch by default.. hit clear defaults.
that should revert you back to using the regular browser.

LOL, thanks. I've been doing that for tha past hour. Just didn't see it, what a tool.:icon_eek:

ckgreenman

Reaction score
Ok Here's a question regarding the exact opposite. How do I make EVERYTHING use Dolphin as it's default browser. For example, the Voice search still brings up the Droid browser but I want it to bring up Dolphin instead.

bemymonkey

Reaction score
Ok Here's a question regarding the exact opposite. How do I make EVERYTHING use Dolphin as it's default browser. For example, the Voice search still brings up the Droid browser but I want it to bring up Dolphin instead.

I'm having the same problem. Also, every time I launch Dolphin, it tells me that it's not set as the default browser, and whether I'd like to set it as such. I click yes every time, and the message still comes up at every launch... any ideas?

hughesjr

Reaction score

I'm having the same problem. Also, every time I launch Dolphin, it tells me that it's not set as the default browser, and whether I'd like to set it as such. I click yes every time, and the message still comes up at every launch... any ideas?
Sounds like you have some kind of conflict (or permissions issue).

One thing to try is to uninstall then reinstall dolphin.

Another thing to try is to reset dolphin to defaults and try setting it as the default again.

As to making "Voice Search", or even the "2.1 News and Weather" app, those do not use the "Default Browser", but specifically have their own browse capability built in. If you click a link from one of the pages that are shown in "Voice Search" results, it does open in Dolphin (if Dolphin is set as your "Default Browser")

bemymonkey

Reaction score
Already tried both uninstalling/reinstalling and settings reset. Doesn't seem to help :(

-edit- Found the solution: In Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, hit the Menu key, and then set the Filter to "All". Then open "browser" and hit "Clear Defaults". :)

Last edited:

tono80

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Even if I set Dolphin (which kiss ass) as the default, it always opens the stock browser...

coovee

Reaction score
the solution says

home settings > apps>manage apps> then press menu button to go to filter

BUT when i press menu all there is to select is sort by size...no filter option or any other option

bemymonkey

Reaction score
the solution says

BUT when i press menu all there is to select is sort by size...no filter option or any other option

If you're on Froyo there's no filter opion - just click on "all" at the top and you'll see the defaut browser in the list...

coovee

Reaction score
OK if I press .all. it gives a list of applications installed..dolphin is in the list but I can't do anything on it if I long press. ..menu doesn't do anything either

bemymonkey

Reaction score
OK if I press .all. it gives a list of applications installed..dolphin is in the list but I can't do anything on it if I long press. ..menu doesn't do anything either

No long press, just click on each app to open the properties. And you're supposed to be clearing the defaults for the Android browser (should just be called "browser")...

diane135130

Reaction score
the solution says

I love skyfire but cannot make it my default either. When I go to the main browser settings, it says "no default set" but I can't find where to set the default. I've tried the settings in both the "Browser" and the "Skyfire" but unable to click on either of them regarding default.