XScope as default browser

winterforge

Reaction score
I have made XScope my default browser on my Droid. However, when I open certain links, in my Gmail app or what have you, the stock browser still opens instead. How can I disable the stock browser from ever opening and XScope opening for EVERY link? Thanks.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't know it did that actually, I just use the stock browser. But I thought once you made one browser default, it was default on everything. Maybe try this:

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Menu Button (soft key) > Filter > All

And find the stock Browser in the list. Click it and choose "Clear defaults" if it isn't greyed out. Other than that I have no clue if it is greyed out :( sorry

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
If Natediddy's suggestion doesn't work, I'm not sure there is anything you can do about the problem. My impression is that some applications are "hard wired" to use the stock browser. However, you might try reporting the issue in the xScope browser sub-forum listed under the supporting vendors.

OP
winterforge

winterforge

Reaction score
Thanks Nate! That seems to have done the trick. I went back and opened a link in Gmail, and this time I got a pop-up asking which app to use by default. Nice : -)

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
also i believe in the settings for xscope it has a check mark for default browser. i think that is another way to make that work. just a thought for next time

OP
winterforge

winterforge

Reaction score
Yeah, I had done that but the stock browser still opened sometimes. Nate's suggestion fixed it. Thanks