Looks like Droid X may be rooted but has encrypted bootloader...

OP
just4747

just4747

Reaction score
Still waiting on a reply from the Twitter guy, Stephen to see if custom roms are still possible or if it's hopeless... I'll let you know what he says.

I will still get the X though, since it will probably still be rooted at least. The Samsung Galaxy looks like crap as well as its UI, and Samsung phones suck I think.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Samsung Galaxy looks like crap as well as its UI, and Samsung phones suck I think.

I wouldn't write the Galaxy off just yet, wait until it comes out. Hardware-wise (especially GPU) the thing looks to be an absolute beast. If the specs are correct, the SGX 540 GPU is supposedly at least 2x the speed of the SGX 530 - the Hummingbird SOC offers a strong CPU with a wickedly strong GPU to back it up.

EDIT: And remember that until the DROID series, Motorola phones of late were rather crappy.

Last edited:
OP
just4747

just4747

Reaction score
Here are some quotes from his Twitter btw:

"its just plain evil, locked/signed/encrypted. check my last tweet to see how ****ty it is"

"i tried doing system pull but it said skiping on a few files" <--- this is how locked down the droidx is, you cant even do a system pull."

"dont buy a droid x expecting root right awaay...."

sic0048

Reaction score
Don't you think it is a little premature to claim the phone can be rooted, but has an encrypted bootload from a couple of tweets? I'm not claiming it is going to be easy, but clearly Steven hasn't gotten far enough along to start speculating - especially someone other than Steven.

OP
just4747

just4747

Reaction score
Someone on Twitter asked the guy:

"That's ****ty news. Think this will turn devs off from rooting quickly?"

to which he replied "it'll be a pain to root..a very big pain to root"

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
So who is the person that is knowledgeable with gaining root access and signed bootloaders?

tazzpatriot

Reaction score
i wonder how many people will change their minds if the x is really locked down as bad as its beeing said

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've known that the X may never get unlocked (mybe not even rooted) since rumors of the phone came out. Im still getting it lol