Looks like Droid X may be rooted but has encrypted bootloader...

tazzpatriot

Reaction score
well i have a choice of either the incredible or the x , i only have to pay a 100 for what ever one i want ,im kinda torn between them both
i have til monday to make up my mind so ...

beside the incredible being back ordered til august , and the fact the x may never be rooted , is there any big reasons to choose one over the other ?

i dont know to much of the tech stuff thats y i ask , i know its a personal choice ,i just wanted to ask people smarter then me
sorry if this sounds stupid

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I root primarily for overclocking. If I had a 2Ghz beast I wouldn't need to overclock. I don't need to theme; I'm content with the ability to choose my wallpaper and I already have the ability to use custom icons and launchers without rooting.
I've seen/used an Incredible and it is fast. The X is faster. I don't see any reason to overclock an X. This is part of the reason I am not scared to get an X. I won't need to overclock it, it is getting great benchmarks, I don't need to theme it, the stock-ish theme with red highlights is fairly appealing to me, I don't use wifi tether, I use EasyTether, which doesn't require root, umm what else.. thats about it. Worst thing is waiting for updates to come out officially but thats not a big deal, especially with 2.2 promised in a month or two!
well i have a choice of either the incredible or the x , i only have to pay a 100 for what ever one i want ,im kinda torn between them both

beside the incredible being back ordered til august , and the fact the x may never be rooted , is there any big reasons to choose one over the other ?

i dont know to much of the tech stuff thats y i ask , i know its a personal choice ,i just wanted to ask people smarter then me
This might help you out: Motorola DROID X vs. HTC Droid Incredible (Phone Arena Reviews)

tazzpatriot

Reaction score
I root primarily for overclocking. If I had a 2Ghz beast I wouldn't need to overclock. I don't need to theme; I'm content with the ability to choose my wallpaper and I already have the ability to use custom icons and launchers without rooting.
I've seen/used an Incredible and it is fast. The X is faster. I don't see any reason to overclock an X. This is part of the reason I am not scared to get an X. I won't need to overclock it, it is getting great benchmarks, I don't need to theme it, the stock-ish theme with red highlights is fairly appealing to me, I don't use wifi tether, I use EasyTether, which doesn't require root, umm what else.. thats about it. Worst thing is waiting for updates to come out officially but thats not a big deal, especially with 2.2 promised in a month or two!

This might help you out: Motorola DROID X vs. HTC Droid Incredible (Phone Arena Reviews)

well looks like droid x for me :p thanx for the help

OP
just4747

just4747

Reaction score
Whoa whoa, calm yourself, no harm being done.

R1Lover

Reaction score
So who is the person that is knowledgeable with gaining root access and signed bootloaders?

The team that unlocked and bypassed the inc and evo is one that comes to mind.....

unrevoked :)

There are many others as well.... but you have to look to people that have actually done it in order to find someone who can. :)

OP
just4747

just4747

Reaction score
Birdman just Tweeted this, so hopefully we'll have something soon:

ok guys, thanks to vzw's screw up im finally getting a REAL RETAIL droidx system dump tonight....this is the moment of truth...

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
So who is the person that is knowledgeable with gaining root access and signed bootloaders?

The team that unlocked and bypassed the inc and evo is one that comes to mind.....

unrevoked :)

There are many others as well.... but you have to look to people that have actually done it in order to find someone who can. :)

We need to start a bounty for them.

OP
just4747

just4747

Reaction score
Birdman Tweeted:

993 files pulled. 0 files skipped. <<< this is excellent news...

oh, FYI current dumps only have 415ish files....:D

its a TON of files. And this is really nothing for rooting...well maybe...we will see.

Last edited:

dangerous

Reaction score
Birdman Tweeted:

993 files pulled. 0 files skipped. <<< this is excellent news...

oh, FYI current dumps only have 415ish files....:D

its a TON of files. And this is really nothing for rooting...well maybe...we will see.

What is birdmans @?