looking to buy an incredible

yellar

Reaction score
I am looking to buy an incredible and I will be paying full retail. I want an incredible so I have a phone I can use custom roms. I currently have a droid x and I had a droid for a couple of months, so is the incredible as easy to root and load custom roms as the droid?

M

M1dnite

I am looking to buy an incredible and I will be paying full retail. I want an incredible so I have a phone I can use custom roms. I currently have a droid x and I had a droid for a couple of months, so is the incredible as easy to root and load custom roms as the droid?

yup just as easy

OP
Y

yellar

Reaction score
Well I called Verizon and told them I was unhappy with the DroidX and wanted an Incredible so they are sending me one. I don't know when I suppose they will shoot me an email when it ships, but I got one ordered. The few things that bother me about the X is the motoblur crap, the bootloader and the volume issues. I know one of those is going to be fixed in a software update "soon" but I can't stand it. As for the bootloader they have been making progress with it but if they can't crack it I don't wanna be stuck with motoblur.

openethan

Reaction score
If you are unhappy with the MotoBlur, than I would say you will be unhappy with HTC SenseUI. I know I am, the world needs more Vanilla Android!!

Just my two cents.

openethan

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yep to add you will get less battery life and horrible viewing in direct sunlight with the Incredible.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I do like the Incredible, a very good friend has one and we compared my 2.2 Droid 1 to his 2.2 on the Incredible this morning. He was very happy with the phone, it blazed compared to my Droid 1. The only complaint he had was battery usage. He also removed Adv. Task Killer and that seemed to improve things a bit.

As about Moto blur or Sense UI I think stock Android could use something. Look how many people use Launchers?
I didn't get to play with it very much but Sense was like my Tilt 2 but faster with out all the lags.

OP
Y

yellar

Reaction score
If you are unhappy with the MotoBlur, than I would say you will be unhappy with HTC SenseUI. I know I am, the world needs more Vanilla Android!!

Just my two cents.

openethan

So is sense as intrusive as the blur junk on the droidx? I can load a custom rom without sense can't I or does it always have to have that in it? That was a big let down going from a droid seeing that blur stuff on the X, I guess I didn't research it enough to see it had that. Also i want a phone I can load roms on, I know they are working on the DroidX but who knows how long it will be if they can crack it and be possible to load custom roms. I have done a fair bit of research on the Incredible and even with some of the drawbacks it may have I still see it is a very nice phone. Either way I guess I will be stuck with it since I am using my 30 day return to get it.

barbee

Reaction score
You can load custom roms without sense UI if you choose. I have been running a ROM without sense for about a week now and couldn't be happier.
It has some sense UI elements but only the good stuff. Good luck with your DInc

Sent from my HTC Incredible

spurscar

Reaction score
SenseUI is awesome, nice clean interface, the phone is plenty fast enough. Just don't get why so many hate it.

And battery life isn't bad at all, though I do have the $15 1500mAh battery so I can use the factory back. Comes off the charger at 7am, usually still 40-50% at 9-10pm.

S

spacemanps

SenseUI is awesome, nice clean interface, the phone is plenty fast enough. Just don't get why so many hate it.

And battery life isn't bad at all, though I do have the $15 1500mAh battery so I can use the factory back. Comes off the charger at 7am, usually still 40-50% at 9-10pm.

you must not use your phone a lot... my phone comes off the charger at 7 and is half dead by 12-1 in the afternoon..

lewblue83

Reaction score

damn if you hate your droid X that bad, id happily trade you my incredible. its brand new.