Return Droid and get new Droid Incredible???

Griffin8234

Reaction score
Hey guys i got my droid at best buy on mar. 29 and was wondering if they'll let me return it. I think the droid incredible looks very nice. would bestbuy give me my 150 back that i payed for the droid if i return it? and will i be able to buy the incredible if i return it? sorry for such the long post. Thank you!!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey guys i got my droid at best buy on mar. 29 and was wondering if they'll let me return it. I think the droid incredible looks very nice. would bestbuy give me my 150 back that i payed for the droid if i return it? and will i be able to buy the incredible if i return it? sorry for such the long post. Thank you!!

Welcome aboard!

You can cal Bestbuy and they will tell you the answer to that. You may have a restocking fee but the Verizon stores tend to give you a 30 day trial period.

OP
G

Griffin8234

Reaction score
would you mind telling me if i would get my money back and how much is the restocking fee? thank yuo for all your help so far christim

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I wouldn't have a clue as to what Best Buy's return policy is. If it's similar to Verizons and it's 30 days exchange then you could but expect a restocking charge at the least.

Really you should either call BB or go to their website and see what their policy is for returned phones.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
would you mind telling me if i would get my money back and how much is the restocking fee? thank yuo for all your help so far christim

You wouldn't get your money back. You have a two year contract with Verizon now. You would just get a credit towards your new phone minus restocking fee. Again we don't know you'd have to ask Best Buy.

naykam0810

Reaction score
Usually restocking fees are $35 dollars, but to be able to get your money back you will need to close the account, that's how the 30 day trial works.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
tough call. i suggest at least trying out the incredible before you commit to it. the Droid (Moto) is still a superb phone :D

dcmodder

Reaction score
no i am not going to give up *slight speech impediment activates* my precious

brian67t

Reaction score

You wouldn't get your money back. You have a two year contract with Verizon now. You would just get a credit towards your new phone minus restocking fee. Again we don't know you'd have to ask Best Buy.
Here's the deal, If you havent already found out for yourself. Yes you get your money back (I have NO idea about a restocking fee or not). But I just bough mine recently too, at Best Buy, and they were VERY clear.
30 day return policy!
I cant speak for you VZ account or anything else, but if all u want to do is try the "Incredible" I say go for it. What's the worst that could happen? You decide u like the Droid better, return the Incredible and get a Droid again? You get another 30 day clock from the time you buy the Incredible. I was actually considering the same thing, but no physical keyboard is something I just couldnt deal with. Im sure Id be right back in a droid. Best of Luck to ya.

dcmodder

Reaction score

Here's the deal, If you havent already found out for yourself. Yes you get your money back (I have NO idea about a restocking fee or not). But I just bough mine recently too, at Best Buy, and they were VERY clear.
30 day return policy!
I cant speak for you VZ account or anything else, but if all u want to do is try the "Incredible" I say go for it. What's the worst that could happen? You decide u like the Droid better, return the Incredible and get a Droid again? You get another 30 day clock from the time you buy the Incredible. I was actually considering the same thing, but no physical keyboard is something I just couldnt deal with. Im sure Id be right back in a droid. Best of Luck to ya.

Oh snap. I'm with you but as with anything you're returning to best buy. Its all in the way you do it the act the show. Its about painting a picture and either make the person at the sales desk feel sorry for or try to relate to you so they will take back your return so you can get something you really want later or money for rent when you bought the new phone you couldn't afford at the time

brian67t

Reaction score
Actually, with a receipt, box, charger etc., and the same credit card (assuming he used one) no excuse is even necessary. Simple, "buyer's remorse" is enough. "I bought it, I didnt like it, Im getting something else." End of Story. Let us know how it goes, but if the release of the incredible is 31 days after u bough the droid u WILL be hosed if you have not already returned the droid. And remember, this is days, not day of the month and there were 31 days in March, so make sure your simple-math is right. Otherwise, it should be no problem. BTW, I know that at least for my "primiuim" bluetooth headset there was no restock fee, and it was a 129 dollar, plus tax, purchase.