Looking for advice from the experts ;)

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know enough to speak to the specifics you're asking for, since these phones are all newer, but are you interested in rooting/changing roms, etc?

Keep in mind that (with a little bit of know-how) the software/UI/speed, and even battery life, can be modified by changing things on the phone. The screen/hardware/buttons/camera/network are there to stay. My rooted/rommed phone (original DX) is much faster than the stock DX2s I've played around with... and there are lots of people with Original Droids who are pretty darn fast.

With that said, I'd look at network and the physical properties of the phone much closer than what shows up on the screen.

+1 yeah my D1 still keeps up with some of the newer phones because of rooting it and a custom rom
Btw that reminds me of a HUGE drawback of the charge (at least I'm pretty sure that's the phone I'm thinking of)- it doesn't have a led notification light...I love knowing if I have a missed call/text/etc without having to even turn my screen on all the time
Oh and Verizon now has the LG revolution out too which supposedly has better graphics than the TB

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
All android phones after the droid have flash

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

??? Adobe flash player? Droid 1 has that...in fact that's basically the one advantage ALL android phones have over iPhones

Beka27

Reaction score
I don't know enough to speak to the specifics you're asking for, since these phones are all newer, but are you interested in rooting/changing roms, etc?

Keep in mind that (with a little bit of know-how) the software/UI/speed, and even battery life, can be modified by changing things on the phone. The screen/hardware/buttons/camera/network are there to stay. My rooted/rommed phone (original DX) is much faster than the stock DX2s I've played around with... and there are lots of people with Original Droids who are pretty darn fast.

With that said, I'd look at network and the physical properties of the phone much closer than what shows up on the screen.

+1 yeah my D1 still keeps up with some of the newer phones because of rooting it and a custom rom
Btw that reminds me of a HUGE drawback of the charge (at least I'm pretty sure that's the phone I'm thinking of)- it doesn't have a led notification light...I love knowing if I have a missed call/text/etc without having to even turn my screen on all the time
Oh and Verizon now has the LG revolution out too which supposedly has better graphics than the TB

I didn't think about the led notification, but that's another thing to consider. That's not something you can change by rooting.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

Dcmagic

Reaction score
Ok besides physical device, what seems to pack the best punch out of the box before rooting between the thunderbolt, charge, I wonder if they will have a 4g droid x3 out anytime soon :p

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok besides physical device, what seems to pack the best punch out of the box before rooting between the thunderbolt, charge, I wonder if they will have a 4g droid x3 out anytime soon :p

Probably not an x3 but the Droid 3 is coming out before too long

C_Pate

Reaction score
Its looking like the Bionic will have the whole package, but its impossible to know for sure. But, it will likely have everything you want and surge to the top of the Android world. However, we're still more than a month out before it will be released, so you will have to pay to play as far as the data package is concerned. If you think you can get by with 2 gb of data, then you might want to wait for the bionic. But you won't be grandfathered in for unlimited data...

If you can't wait, you'll just have to give up something on your wish list. Still don't mean you can't have a nice phone.

OP
D

Dcmagic

Reaction score
So I got super stoked on the charge, but I just read that they have very bad connectivity issues. And I really use the internet a lot. So now wtf lol. I live in aliso viejo, ca. I dunno if 4g is strong here. So noe I'm looking at the dx2, but ill kick myself if 4g somehow blows up and works great with the charge in 4-6 months. Grrrr I hate this.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the LG revolution...and the Droid 3 is supposed to be coming out right before the unlimited data plans are taken away dunno if it's supposed to be 4g though