Looking for advice from the experts ;)

Dcmagic

Reaction score
Im currently using an lg optimus peice of ****. Anyway, im switching to verizon and would like a little advice to figure out what phone is best for me.

In order. From most important to least. Ill list what I use the phone most for.

1. Youtube, web browsing, forums, maybe streaming videos? _im always surfing the net and watching youtube videos at work all day. That's what I do the most on the phone. If I could watch streaming video that would be amazing.

2. Screen size and rez - bigger the better! My eyesight sucks.

3. Smooth ui, the problem I have now that I have is my phone laggs, on everything. I hate hate hate the buffering on youtube. I wanna break the phone against the wall sometimes, and angery birds? It laggs so bad I can't even play it. So id love a smooth ui, and fast loading web pages/youtube.

4. Battrie life. Im a heavy user. So yeah.

5. Id love to have hd video capture on the phone, but that's not so important.

Oh I forgot. Loud speaker / speaker phone, that should be at the top also.

Any suggestions? Ill be going to verizon

Thanks!!!

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Idk about how loud the speakers are but you almost definitely want either a Droid X2 or HTC Droid incredible 2... I was playing around a bit on both the DX2 is dual core so as long as you have a good signal you should be able to stream just about anything, although the dual core might eat battery a little more
The Dinc2 has the cool customizable HTC sense (lots of different looks with ease) and it is still blazing fast with a 1Ghz processor AND a front facing camera too I believe...
Dinc2 scored a solid 40 on linpack
DX2 got a solid 40 too on single thread but an incredible 70 on multi thread linpack
Both excellent choices since 4g phones suck so far for battery (both are only 3g)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually if phones like the upcoming Droid bionic still don't work well with 4g I am almost definitely getting either the DX2 or Dinc2 when I upgrade in a few months (hopefully price drops for those on a bit of a budget and hopefully more roms available too)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
D

Dcmagic

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I noticed you said that 4g eats battrie life. Like I said, fast internet is more important than batt life. I can leave my phone connected to my comp at work.

Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else care to share their input?

Thank you.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
try out a Droid Charge.

4.3" screen.

specs underwhelmed me, as it does most... but using it has changed my opinion. the screen is gorgeous, it's 4g and it's battery life is much better than the Thunderbolt's. I get at least 12 hours with heavy usage, and all day with normal use. I don't have any issues with lag. it runs smooth for me.

Last edited:

Beka27

Reaction score
If you will be using more than 2gb a month, I suggest you get your contract in place by July 6th at the latest. It sounds like you will be requiring unlimited data.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

Dcmagic

Reaction score
Im going to get one on thursday :) that's why I'm here trying to figure out what phone to get :)

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
If you carry a car charger and a to go charger and have access to charging at all times then a tb is a good portion, the tb has every thing your asking for except for the worst battery life ever

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
D

Dcmagic

Reaction score
How long does the TB batt last with heavy usage roughly? An hour? 20min? 5 hours?

TB vs Charge?

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Heavy usage around 3 hours if you let it sit there at 100% and let it discharge it will die after like 8 hours

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
D

Dcmagic

Reaction score
Also. I want it to have adobe flash. And visual voicemail...Does the charge have that?

Are thoughs the only two phones that met my criteria?

C_Pate

Reaction score
Also. I want it to have adobe flash. And visual voicemail...Does the charge have that?

Are thoughs the only two phones that met my criteria?

I'm in the hunt for a phone myself, but I am already a verizon customer and already have unlimited data. That being said, I have done a substantial amount of research on phones over the last week or so because my upgrade is eligible July 7th.

It sounds to me like, if you can live without 4G, the Droid X2 might be your best bet. It has that huge screen and the dual core, so if video watching, web browsing and screen size is what you're looking for, the X2 would def do the trick. The UI shouldn't give you any problems and the battery life is pretty dang good as well. As far as video capture, I don't know. My dad has the original Droid X, and I can say it takes marvelous pictures, but other than that Idk. I can also report that the Droid X has very loud speakers, but can't speak for its younger brother. I would imagine the same, though.

The only liability with this phone is that it isn't 4G, and if you're gazing into the future, that may be important to you. The HTC TB is a nice piece, but I think you will be unhappy with its battery life. The Charge has a beautiful screen, so you might like it, and the bat life is fairly good. Give the LG Revolution a look too. It has Netflix which is a rarity among droids, and its also a nice looking 4G phone. A couple downfalls to it is that it only has a 5mp cam, and the speaker quality isn't as great.

Tough call... Hope that helped. Good luck Thursday!

OP
D

Dcmagic

Reaction score
Hey thank you for the replys.

So far between what research I have done on the phones, these are my thoughts and takes on the phones, feel free to correct me, or throw your two cents in.

1 - The HTC Thunderbolt - First of all with this phone I get a sense that it has a lot of speed, but is lacking in battery and in graphics. I feel like it will end up bing the phone that was super talked about and ended up having better phones than it. Kinda like the cool kid that ended up being a loser from highschool.

2 - The charge seems to be like a really nice looking phone, but too, iphoneish, less customizable, and i dunno, I like htc sense UI (At least the clock lol). It seems like it would get the job done for fast internet surfing, movies and whatnot, and look AWESOME while running it, but it seems like the UI is going to be a bit laggy / bland after a while. with a moderate batt life.

3 - Incredible2 Seems that its kinda the underdog, cheaper quality phone. but still a contender to say the most. Nothing special, just, whatever. for the whatever user.

4 - Droid X2 - Seems to be KILLER with speed and moves and stuff. just lacks the 4g network, which we all know 4g will be the new 3g, and 3g will be a extinct dinosaur when 5g comes out :p so although this phones seems to be a bad mutha Plucker. It not going to be able to keep up with the times, sooner than most think.

So weather my ideas are completly wrong (tell me i am)

Here is my perfect phone idea, You guys tell me whats close in reality to it..... I want the nice screen of the charge, the UI and bad ash running speed (movies / youtube, on the phones side) and niceness of the x2, and hardcore running UI speed of the thunderbolt and speed on the internet side [4g] for movies and youtube. With a batterie that can last all day with moderate use. and With heavy use I dont care cus it will be plugged into a socket or comp to keep it charged.

I just dont want lagg on either the UI or Internet, a loud speaker, and fast FAST internet, NO LAG period while watching streaming movies online, NETFLIX would be awesome, and visual voicemail, adobe flash, bigest, nicest looking screen / rezolution, and a phone that feels, built tough, not a flimsy cheap childs toy feel. .

What phone matches that the most? lol

Last edited:

Beka27

Reaction score
I don't know enough to speak to the specifics you're asking for, since these phones are all newer, but are you interested in rooting/changing roms, etc?

Keep in mind that (with a little bit of know-how) the software/UI/speed, and even battery life, can be modified by changing things on the phone. The screen/hardware/buttons/camera/network are there to stay. My rooted/rommed phone (original DX) is much faster than the stock DX2s I've played around with... and there are lots of people with Original Droids who are pretty darn fast.

With that said, I'd look at network and the physical properties of the phone much closer than what shows up on the screen.