Looking for a new phone to keep my unlimited verizon LTE

en28so

Reaction score
I bought my galaxy nexus about a year ago cash for $250 and now I'm think about getting another phone for a similar price. I'm pretty happy with my phone, except for the occasional lag. I just wanted to ask you guys here how do you like your droid razor max, since I could get it for a similar price. Would you guys consider this a side step going from the nexus to the max hd? or an upgrade? I just want to keep my unlimited LTE. Thanks!

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I got rid of my GS3 to get my MaxxHD. Love it. Would/will miss it when its gone. Strong performer in all facets that matter to me. Reception/NAV/phone/phone/phone. Is it cute? No. Samsungs are cute.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The droid maxx is 500 off contract..awesome device..the lg g2 is 450.. Pretty sweet phone too.. Good battery life too.

The motox is touted by many, personalized on motomaker..less than 400$..all of these are recent devices at full retail..

You can always check out Swappa.. There's some decent deals there...or amazon..put in the device and specify refurbished....good deals to be had there with warranty..

TatDroid

Reaction score
The Moto X is down to $329 on the Motomaker site - custom designed. Great phone. Good price.

georgenazar

Reaction score
We Must Find A Way To continue Free WiFi Tethering on Droid HD with Verizon with KitK

The droid maxx is 500 off contract..awesome device..the lg g2 is 450.. Pretty sweet phone too.. Good battery life too.

The motox is touted by many, personalized on motomaker..less than 400$..all of these are recent devices at full retail..

You can always check out Swappa.. There's some decent deals there...or amazon..put in the device and specify refurbished....good deals to be had there with warranty..

I have a few Motorola Droid HD and HD Maxx that I unlocked and rooted BEFORE the 9.30 Jelybean official Verizon update.

I have successfully installed AvatarRom with KitKat 4.4.2 on my Customized Verizon Employee Red Kevlar Droid Maxx HD with a White bezel screen (yes, I know I have the only one in the world) and my nephew's white Droid HD.

However, I cannot find a SIMPLE hack to utilize my Unlimited Verizon 4G granfatherd plan via WiFi that will Bypass the unlimited tether restriction that is in place with KitKat.

I THOUGHT that if I installed a NON Verizon version of KitKat that the restriction would not be in place, however I was wrong.

Now I can use Fox-Fi in conjunction with the company that they own PDA.Net to tether via USB to my Windows 8.1 machine and even to my Motorola Xoom (rooted with OmniRom to KitKat, and Nexus 7 (2013) tablets via Bluetooth, but no matter how many objects I change the value from 0 to 1 (or viceversa) it still slows down my USB tether to maybe 2GB and forget about Bluetooth tether, less than 1mb.

So I am calling on ALL Hackers, Modders, Droid Fanboys, Android Freaks and everybody who uses their Droid HD or HD Maxx or Razr M and has a Verizon Plan with Unlimited WiFi to COME TOGETHER AND FIND A WAY TO BYPASS the restriction used to be easy to change via Sqlite called Tethering = Entitlement Hack for RAZR HD/MAXX HD XT926 Wireless.

This last update stopped working in that little final update to Jellybean that was forced upon us by BigRed, It even halted the wifi tether on my MOTOROLA DROID MAXX XT912. Luckily, I buy used broken screen Razr and HDs and replace the screens and I have an inventory of 4.1.1 unpdated motherboards that I can Root/Rom and stop the restriction Verizon has forced upon us.

Once KitKat Android 4.4.2 is pushed out to ALL of our XT926 those of us who still have a grandfathered in unlimited data plan and are utilizing it with a the old Entitlement hack WILL LOSE FREE WIFI TETHERING FOR SURE GUARANTEED.

Let's all come together BEFORE Verizon ****s us with it's big red dildo.

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
I have a few Motorola Droid HD and HD Maxx that I unlocked and rooted BEFORE the 9.30 Jelybean official Verizon update.

I have successfully installed AvatarRom with KitKat 4.4.2 on my Customized Verizon Employee Red Kevlar Droid Maxx HD with a White bezel screen (yes, I know I have the only one in the world) and my nephew's white Droid HD.

However, I cannot find a SIMPLE hack to utilize my Unlimited Verizon 4G granfatherd plan via WiFi that will Bypass the unlimited tether restriction that is in place with KitKat.

I THOUGHT that if I installed a NON Verizon version of KitKat that the restriction would not be in place, however I was wrong.

Now I can use Fox-Fi in conjunction with the company that they own PDA.Net to tether via USB to my Windows 8.1 machine and even to my Motorola Xoom (rooted with OmniRom to KitKat, and Nexus 7 (2013) tablets via Bluetooth, but no matter how many objects I change the value from 0 to 1 (or viceversa) it still slows down my USB tether to maybe 2GB and forget about Bluetooth tether, less than 1mb.

So I am calling on ALL Hackers, Modders, Droid Fanboys, Android Freaks and everybody who uses their Droid HD or HD Maxx or Razr M and has a Verizon Plan with Unlimited WiFi to COME TOGETHER AND FIND A WAY TO BYPASS the restriction used to be easy to change via Sqlite called Tethering = Entitlement Hack for RAZR HD/MAXX HD XT926 Wireless.

This last update stopped working in that little final update to Jellybean that was forced upon us by BigRed, It even halted the wifi tether on my MOTOROLA DROID MAXX XT912. Luckily, I buy used broken screen Razr and HDs and replace the screens and I have an inventory of 4.1.1 unpdated motherboards that I can Root/Rom and stop the restriction Verizon has forced upon us.

Once KitKat Android 4.4.2 is pushed out to ALL of our XT926 those of us who still have a grandfathered in unlimited data plan and are utilizing it with a the old Entitlement hack WILL LOSE FREE WIFI TETHERING FOR SURE GUARANTEED.

Wow, so with what you stated, getting a droid max hd would break the free Wi-Fi tethering that I enjoy with my GN? That would be a deal breaker for me.

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
I lost my unlimited data when I bought my Maxx HD, but honestly I don't miss it for the 2gig plan works out fine for me. I rarely even use half a gig a month with my usage, but I have wifi setup to connect at any open spot which helps. They will eventually find a way to take that unlimited data plan away from you.

jbirdy10

Reaction score
You will only loose your "unlimited" data plan if you sign up for a "discounted" or subsidized phone from Big Red. They have an option to keep your grandfathered plan by purchasing new phone at full retail, or bring in a device pre-purchased (ie - eBay, Swappa, etc.)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

4low4fun

Reaction score

I'm using slimkat rom 4.4.2.. Fully functional and has WiFi tether built in. I'm actually using it while writing this post to stream Netflix on my Xbox right now. I use it everyday with no throttling. It powers my while house including my Xbox for gaming with zero problems.