Keeping my unlimited plan

confyushus

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am not sure if I put this in the right place so feel free to move it. I have an OG Droid (still love it!) on the unlimted plan and I got my upgrade in December and have been waiting on bionic or maybe Droid4 prices to come down before upgrading. I recently heard about the $30 upgrade fee and wanted to upgrade before then, but after selecting the bionic it said that I needed to select a new plan (4gb, 10gb...). When I just clicked the unlimited plan again it let me go on to the next step, that kind of scared me about being trapped in with Verizon and not having unlimited data so I just signed out. So here is my question, can I upgrade now and keep the unlimited data or will they change it on me? Also, if I just keep it the way it is and buy a Bionic off Craigslist, can I activate it and keep the unlimited data? What can I do to keep it unlimited without paying more and preferably having a newer phone? It is also worth noting that I rarely use over 5GB, but I live out in BFE where they do not offer high speed internet yet, so I tether my phone to have 3g internet on my laptop. Thanks!

huskur

Reaction score
Select the "unlimited" and go with it. I had the same so called issue but you will get to keep your unlimited data. Worst case scenario just call VZW and order the phone and they will do the "scary" part for you :)

OP
C

confyushus

Reaction score
Ok cool, thats what I wanted to hear! Thank you very much!

marcelo

Reaction score
Yup, just ugraded my Droid to the Razer Maxx online and kept the unlimited plan.

OP
C

confyushus

Reaction score
Yea, I am actually glad I waited, I got on to order it yesterday and they were sold out but had the preowned bionics for $20 so I snatched one up! This time it didnt say anything about my plan not working with the bionic, it just said that if I ever cancel my unlimited plan I will never get to have it back.