Keep Unlimited data but pay upgrade prices? verizon

don_813

Reaction score
Is it possible to keep your unlimited data plans but still pay upgrade prices on the phones for verizon?
We are getting 2 S4's and 2 iphones, Currently we have 3 smartphones and 1 basic phone. the smart phones have unlimited data
we went to a Diamon Wireless (authorized verizon retailer) at a mall, and they told us that they would allow us to keep the unlimited data plans because they've found a loophole or something.
We pay upgrade prices on phones and the upgrade fee and we keep unlimited data.

has anyone heard of this or done this before?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think the only way is to get a phone at full price, which could ultimately cost less in some cases.

OP
D

don_813

Reaction score
what lol so is this guy lying to me? the manager and employees seem fairly confident.... i dont think he would lie like that if they couldn't do it...

they are an authorized reseller and operating in a pretty big mall here in california, tried to look on yelp but no luck

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
-It's possible that particular reseller is eating the cost or doing some trickery of the system to get that price.

-Whether that violates the Verizon reseller agreement, who knows.

-So the question is are you okay with that and are you willing to chance Verizon reversing it.

This is all just conjecture on my part. I personally would ask for details regarding the situation. If they were unwilling to explain it to me I would probably avoid it.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The only way to keep unlimited data and get the upgrade price is to move your available upgrade to a phone that has a tiered plan or no data plan. Buy the phone at the upgrade price on that tiered/no data line, activate the new phone on that tiered/no data line (very important), then once it is activated on the tiered/no data line you can move the phone to any new line you want.

Be aware that Amazon and wirefly charge a fee if you move the phone before 6 months. Verizon, best buy and Costco do not.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I juggle phones at AT&T and they have never charged for changing around the numbers from one phone to another.

wcjeep

Reaction score
The vendor is correct. There is a way to accomplish this. It does take some leg work for the vendor to accomplish it. However, I think one of the accounts has to be sacrificed to metered data. Use phone #1 upgrade on line #4. Then transfer phone back to #1. Use #2 upgrade on line #4. Then transfer phone to #2. The Verizon system sees lines #1, #2 and #3 as bring your own. #4 would be metered due to use of reduced price. A friend did this thru Best Buy.