Upgraded and Kept my Unlimited Plan

PowrDroid

Reaction score
For ten dollars more you have unlimited data plus 4gb data for three phones... or save ten dollars a month but lose unlimited and 2gb less. Not sure if $10 savings is worth that loss.

I fear I would end up paying $10/month for data I would never use. I've got a real problem with a) being charged over $200 a month to rearrange electrons for starters; and b) being charged $10 more per month and NOT jiggling electrons.

Forgot to mention that the business I own pays for my phone usage, whereas my family pays for the wife and son's phone. So Amazon receives two payments each month. Under the plan whereby I keep unlimited data and my wife and son upgrade phones and each buy 2 GB data plans, my business' monthly share of the bill does not change, BUT the wife/son portion increases $60 a month. If we share 4GB a month my portion actually goes down about $3, whereas their portion goes up about $53.

It's inevitable--unlimited data plans will be totally eliminated in the future and shared data plans will be standard. As more people get smartphones the cost per GB will come down. I might just cave in now and get shared plan.

phatjedi

Reaction score
I have been reading this thread and learned a lot. Thank you everyone for sharing first of all. Here is my deal. Proud owner of a Bionic. Not due for upgrade till June. Dropped phone broke camera lens. Phone works fine, cannot take photos anymore. Want to get a RazrHD via Amazon, best buy etc. Want to keep my unlimited data plan. Do not have a family plan or second line. Here is my question. If I purchase Razr HD from Best Buy or Amazon as second line, can I have Razr with my current number and give the new number to the Bionic till I can upgrade it in June? Is the best way to do this is just add 2nd line? Thanks everyone.

Lomaximus2oo8

Reaction score
My upgrade is due on January 16th and I have two other flip phones on my family plan. Hopefully I can convince Verizon to allow me to upgrade early. That being said, all I have to do is...

1. Upgrade one of my flip phones and activate a data plan for the Maxx HD.

2. Wait a day or so, go back to the store and ask a rep to swap the phone from the flip's number to my number using the ESN.

3. Cancel the data plan from the flip phone as well as put said phone back onto that number and have the rep finish the swap of the Maxx HD to my number.

4. Profit?