Looking for a leash for a Motorola Droid.

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
I'm looking for a leash that securely holds the Motorola Droid.

A device that attaches to the phone and you put the leash around your neck or around your wrist so that if dropped, the phone does not hit the ground but only falls until the end of the leash.

This would be used when I let others use my phone and do not want them to drop it on the ground, off a building, into the water...

Does such an item exist and do you have any names, websites...?

Thanks in advance.

s-one

Reaction score
I agree with this.. this phone needs the an eyelet for a lanyard. This is not new for Moto as they did this with the Razor. Anyone gonna dremel a tiny hole? ;)

OP
A

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
How about a secure case that has a lanyard attached to it and the phone rests inside the case? That would work for me.

As long as the phone is semi secure from falling and hitting the ground or falling into the water, I feel safer sharing the phone with friends or children.

Fresh330

Reaction score
This would be used when I let others use my phone and do not want them to drop it on the ground, off a building, into the water...

Do you build bridges or something? hahaha. i'm sure they're is (or will be) cases that include a loop hole for a lanyard.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
your post made me laugh Alpha... your best bet would be to buy a case that has a loop for a cord...

LordKastle

Reaction score
Have you ever thought of tying a string around the body of the phone in a cross like formation and then tie it to a handcuff wrapped around your hand and the person using your phone?

graff_king

Reaction score
If you are serious about wanting some security on it, have you considered looping a thin piece of string along the slide when the Droid is open and attaching that to a lanyard of sorts? I am looking at my Droid and think this may work, key part being that whatever you use is thing enough to not hinder opening/closing. And as far as the hecklers are concerned, to some people being able to secure their device is a genuine concern.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Heckling? I agree. I wouldn't want most people touching my phone to begin with. I'm on his side.

graff_king

Reaction score
I am with you there, not a big fan of others handling my devices. I have the Droid, a bb storm2, and a bb tour all active and they rarely are in others possessions. I am not a fan of leashes but think it is a novel idea.

OP
A

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
Just to give you an example, I ride my bike and sometimes I check my phone or listen to pandora. This requires that the phone be in my hand while I'm riding the bike.

My concerns are that I could easily drop the phone whereas if it was secured by a leash, it would only fall a foot as compared to falling 3 feet and hitting the concrete.

I have expensive, ie $1,500 binoculars. First thing I do when I look at them or let someone else look through them is put the strap around your neck. I'm suprised how many people I know turn away from me while I'm trying to put the strap around their neck. It's as though, they think that they will not drop them...But, since they are my binoculars, if you want to look through them, then you will put the strap around your neck.

Imagine trying to figure out who is going to pay for damages when the item breaks. It's easier to prevent it from falling.

Thanks for the ideas, I think it has to be a well built case with a leash attachment for wrist and neck leashes. I'm still looking.