Phone Holder for DROID by Motorola

Leastbay

Reaction score
Does this use a suction cup? How does it attach to the dash as it says?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
It attaches via a suction cup. It also comes with a small round plate that is sticky on one side. You can stick it to your dashboard, center console, etc so that you can stick the mount to that instead of the windshield.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see a picture of you sam with that belt buckle with the droid there. It's how all the single guys will pick up the ladies.

i'm not single, but it might work! crappy dark room teaser:
amp02.jpg

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol nah its from The 40 Year Old Virgin. They are in the bar and the black guy is like "show me your instincts" and the 40yov says "my mind, my heart, my.." and he goes "NO, show me your INSTINCTS" and then grabs his junk rofl

edgarp70

Reaction score
Car Phone Holder

I have both the media dock and the car phone holder. The media dock came with a cable to charge, the car phone holder does not. I used the micro-usb car charger that i bought with the phone and it works great. The one thing i do not like about the car phone holder is when you make a call. The orientation does not turn... it stays vertical and everything is sideways. How dangerous is that? It would be so much better if the phone screen oriented (or is orientated??) I hope this is a fix in the Decmeber 11th Android update that has been reported coming. If not, then the January 22nd update that is coming after that... Is a pain to have the unit the phone holder and receive or make a call.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
That and I wish it didn't go to sleep once the call started and it would be nice if it went straight into speakerphone mode

edgarp70

Reaction score
Car Phone Holder Work Around

There is a setting that allows you to set the phone to keep the screen on at all times while plugged into any charger. This is a good workaround for the screen going to sleep while making a call in the Car Phone Holder. Dialpad is still sideways though! :(

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ahh I had read about that setting for the home dock, didn't even think about it working in the car, good point! But yeah, still sideways and still not auto-speakerphone :|

edgarp70

Reaction score
Upright Setting

I have found that if you set the phone upright (not sideways) in the Car Dock, it is much easier to manipulate all the other screens - and the home screen is legible. I can even use the phone and it works quite well. Good luck! :)