Looking for a calendar that can do this

Nalco

Reaction score
I am not sure if this exists, but thought I might try.

I don't need much, but I need a calendar that can:

Show an entire month at a time on the home screen with the ability to scroll to the next/previous month somehow.

Can sync with Google.

Can have custom timed recurring events. I especially need to be able to have events recur every eight weeks from now til eternity.

I had all this on my Blackberry, and am hoping to recreate it on my Droid.

Thanks!

dakoop

Reaction score
The stock calendar doesn't meet you needs

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
N

Nalco

Reaction score
The stock calendar will not allow recurring events up to eight weeks out. I only see a four week option.

Thanks.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I am not sure if this exists, but thought I might try.

I don't need much, but I need a calendar that can:

Show an entire month at a time on the home screen with the ability to scroll to the next/previous month somehow.

Can sync with Google.

Can have custom timed recurring events. I especially need to be able to have events recur every eight weeks from now til eternity.

I had all this on my Blackberry, and am hoping to recreate it on my Droid.

Thanks!

Have you looked at Jorte in the market - I just got it and am playing around with it myself but I think it can do most of what you are needing...good luck!!

justreboot

Reaction score
+1 for Jorte - It's all I use. The 4x3 widget (month) is awesome / using a black theme / Best of all it's FREE!

droijo

Reaction score
Another vote for Jorte here too although it wont alloy you to scroll to the next month as a widget unless you click on it to go to the full app.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Another vote for Jorte here too although it wont alloy you to scroll to the next month as a widget unless you click on it to go to the full app.

Yes that is true - however, the OP just indicated that he needed to "somehow" LOL...I like once you are in the full app you have the option to see a month, week, 2 week, etc. It has sync'd with Google calendar which is sync'd with my Outlook calendar and has seemed to update seemlessly much like the stock calendar did. Very impressed so far.

hamitup

Reaction score
Try Calendar Pad (free). After install on your home screen long press and go to widgets then scroll to Calendar Pad - Month widget (4x4). that will give you a whole calendar on one home screen and then go into apps and bring up the app, long press on date to set reaccuring events, etc. only thing it wont do i think is sync to google. At least i got 2 out of the 3 you wanted...try it out.

OP
N

Nalco

Reaction score
OK, I figured something out.

It doesn't matter if the calendar can do recurring events on the phone, as long as it can sync with Google. Nice thing about Google calendar, is that it supports recurring events of all kinds.

I was able to add all my events to Google no problem, even with the recurring events every eight weeks.

With the stock calendar, it works perfectly. Syncs all my events no problem, but its not pretty, and I don't like how I have to open a day to see the event.

I tried Jorte. The monthly layout with actual text labels is perfect. Unfortunately I have a problem with it. While it does sync, it doesn't display correctly. I have a three day, all day event, but it doesn't show anything on the third day. I also have my weeks vacation on there, and it doesn't show the last day of my vacation. If I bring up the actual day in single day mode, it will show me the events, but it doesn't display it on the monthly calendar correctly. That wont work for me, so now I am off to the next try. Too bad. So close.

Thanks for the replies. I am actually looking into all your suggestions.

Thanks!

BrandyLS

Reaction score
I tried Jorte and i love love love it. I like that you can change colors on the widget (strawberry milk) is my favorite. So far so good. It is small even the whole month view, but it does the trick! Thanx guys.

KVCreativeDesigns

Reaction score
From BlackBerry Strom Calendar to Moto Droid

Is there a way to import my calendar from the Storm to my Droid? I really need this!!! Which app is the best do to it?
Thanks in Advance!

sparty569

Reaction score
Is there a way to import my calendar from the Storm to my Droid? I really need this!!! Which app is the best do to it?
Thanks in Advance!
Download GCalSync or one of the other google sync programs for your Blackberry, let the calendar sync with a gmail account (along with you contacts...I setup a seperate gmail account just for this) and when you log into your droid, with that gmail address, bang...all sync'd up.