Calendar question

jcorvan

Reaction score
Hi:

I have been looking at calendar/agenda apps and forum posts on them. I have downloaded several including the popular Pure Calendar but have not found what I want. Maybe someone here can tell me if such a calendar exists. The closest to it is the aniAgenda but comments seem to imply there are problems with it.

I would like to be able to press a button and see either one month or a screen with 6 months of small calendars (like outlook sidebar). I would like these to look physically like a calendar. The calendars I have seen do not look very graphically professional -- so maybe I have missed something.

The pure Calendar was nice but took up the 4/4 area of the screen. Would prefer to open a 4/4 calendar when I want to see it rather than have it use up the screen and since I prefer to see an entire month, it just makes more sense to open up the view rather than use up the space.

The google calendar takes up the entire screen and is hard to view. Perhaps this is because it provides room for each day's events on the calendar. This is not necessary for me. I would rather just have the calendar with the numeric days.
A different color can indicate there is an event for that day already added and one can then look at the details to see the time(s) for them

Does anyone know of a calendar that fits this description?

Thanks

OP
J

jcorvan

Reaction score
Thank you. I tried that one but was not happy with the way the calendar took up the entire screen. Moreover, like the Google calendar, it looks like a grid not a calendar.

The only one i had not looked at was Jorte. I downloaded it today and so far I think the calendar looks the best of all of them. It is very professional looking and adding tasks is not difficult to. One can open the calendar as well so it is not taking up space. The only thing is that I would like to see a screen with six months on it rather than having to go to a particular month.

However, for now i think this is the best for my needs.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Agenda Widget - it is free in the Market, completely customizable and has 11 different widgets to choose from

OP
J

jcorvan

Reaction score
Hi,
thanks for responding

I did not download that one because all the little sample pages of the various renditions of this in the marketplace did not show a calendar just lists of the tasks. And really I am more interested in what the calendar looks like. And if it does allow tasks to be added, it should be easy. I use Outlook, not Google calendar so not interested in syncing.

Not sure what you mean by widgets to choose from. perhaps you mean that there are 11 widgets in the market place for this one as i saw several there. But again, did not see a sample of the calendar.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agenda Widget runs in parallel with Google Calender - I didn't realize you didn't use G/C - hopefully you find what you are looking for :)

pmb2ack

Reaction score
does anyone know of a calendar app that serves as a background, so not to take up screen space?

thanks!