Lock button question

adoboyo

Reaction score
I noticed that whenever I push the lock button, it locks like normal but sometimes the menu, home, back and search buttons stay lit up for anywhere near 5-10 seconds. I push the lock button again and it takes about to second or two for the lights to flick off and back on with the lock screen showing up. Not sure what's wrong. It only does it sometimes. Any idea?

I'm rooted if that matters.

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one having this issue. It does the same thing to my phone. Whenever I hit the lock/screen shut off button, the buttons stay lit and if i hit the lock button again it won't do anything. A few times, my phone has shut off and rebooted itself when this happened. I don't know why it does this. I am rooted running the stock launcher. I use launcher pro

Khyren

Reaction score
I've had the issue of the lock button not working at all sometimes and have had to take the battery out a couple times as well.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Khyren

Reaction score
Negative. But really thinking about it to be able to tether.

emt29817

Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing only opposite. Mine would not light up or unlock. It had no problem locking. I called verizon and they sent me a refurb that I got today. Rep told me that he had never hear of the problem.

Reaction score
Customer service reps for the most part are clueless as far as phone issues go. They don't seem to be very tech savvy people. Typical response is "reboot your phone. If that doesn't solve the problem, we'll send u a replacement". Btw, as for the lock issue, I found that instead of just locking it quickly, click the home button so you're at your home screen, wait there for about 3 seconds. Then lock the phone. Its worked everytime for me flawlessly.

Reaction score
Nvm, my method doesn't work anymore. everytime I hit the lock button, the four capacitive buttons stay lit and it freezes my phone at least momentarily. Every once in a while it reboots my phone.