Liquid JB 4.2 Rom Droid 4 XT894

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
There is an sms limit under security, not sure if this is related to your issue.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

GigaJake

Reaction score
That was it. Apparently is based on how many you send in a set time.

Learn something new every day. Thank you

Krooked247

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with bluetooth? It will connect but nothing when in a call
I don't use bluetooth but I think that's a general issue with all jb roms right now.

Krooked All Day...

Sent from my XT894 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

tomf80

Reaction score
I posted this on the CM10.1 thread. But, how is your memory usage on this ROM? I'm using Hashcode's AOKP and I have 35mb free right now. Phone seems to be rather slow. I saw someone said one of their processors was turned off, I checked and that is not the case for me.

How do features compare to AOKP? CM is just too boring. :)

EDIT: Closed everything and I am sitting at 136mb free after letting the phone sit a couple minutes.

Last edited:

smoysauce

Reaction score
I posted this on the CM10.1 thread. But, how is your memory usage on this ROM? I'm using Hashcode's AOKP and I have 35mb free right now. Phone seems to be rather slow. I saw someone said one of their processors was turned off, I checked and that is not the case for me.

How do features compare to AOKP? CM is just too boring. :)

EDIT: Closed everything and I am sitting at 136mb free after letting the phone sit a couple minutes.

I usually have half or much more free. Liquid JB is snappy, especially with myfishbear's OC and Speedscript scripts. Battery life is pretty decent as well (usually 20-24 hours with moderate use). Though I love CM10.1 and AOKP as well.

tomf80

Reaction score
I switched to Liquid and wiped. Memory usage is much better. I am using just over half now.

drush242

Reaction score
Hey All,

Well, I'm flummoxed. I can do two things with this phone. Safestrap v3.05, and the Liquidsmooth flash screen. Nothing else. RSDLite doesn't see the phone. Neither does Droid 4 Utility. I really don't know what else I can do, can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks so much!

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Did you try to switch back to stock? You should only flash this on rom slot 1. For rsd or the utility to work you must be in ap fastboot mode.

tomf80

Reaction score
Hey All,

Well, I'm flummoxed. I can do two things with this phone. Safestrap v3.05, and the Liquidsmooth flash screen. Nothing else. RSDLite doesn't see the phone. Neither does Droid 4 Utility. I really don't know what else I can do, can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks so much!

You could go back to the safe system, right? And, you have LiquidSmooth on slot 1 of safestrap? Also, your installation of safestrap is outdated, though I don't know what the differences between 3.11 and 3.05 are, or if they are relevant.

Without knowing the differences in safestrap versions, my first thought would be to boot back into your safe system, then update safestrap, then try to reflash LS onto slot 1 after wiping it and the cache and such.

drush242

Reaction score
Did you try to switch back to stock? You should only flash this on rom slot 1. For rsd or the utility to work you must be in ap fastboot mode.

Yep, I did put the ROM on slot 1. I just now did get the phone into AP Fastboot mode. So far the Utility is "waiting for the device." D'oh!

drush242

Reaction score
You could go back to the safe system, right? And, you have LiquidSmooth on slot 1 of safestrap? Also, your installation of safestrap is outdated, though I don't know what the differences between 3.11 and 3.05 are, or if they are relevant.

Without knowing the differences in safestrap versions, my first thought would be to boot back into your safe system, then update safestrap, then try to reflash LS onto slot 1 after wiping it and the cache and such.
No, for whatever reason, there is no safe system. There was, there isn't now. So I don't think I can get 3.11 installed.

drush242

Reaction score
Well, if I put it into BP SBF Flash mode, RSD sees the phone as Flash MZ600. However, it won't flash that way. If I put the phone into AP Flashboot, RSD doesn't see it. Crikey!

drush242

Reaction score
Welp, after about the 243rd factory reset, I got the ROM on the machine and working. However, the phone/radio seems to be out. I keep getting "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" in a loop. Any ideas for that one?

tomf80

Reaction score
I am getting process.android.media has stopped every time a notification plays a sound, doesn't matter which app. I've restarted, fixed permissions, remounted sd card, cleared cache/data on download manager and Google services framework. Nothing seems to fix it. Any suggestions? I had the same problem with AOKP on 4.2.1 as well.