[ROM] Liquid Smooth 4.2.2 Makes Its Way To Motorola Devices!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Liquid smooth has been a very popular Rom across many devices for a while now. It is based on the latest version of Android Source. It is buttery smooth and includes all sorts of custom settings. This Rom has not been available for any modern motorola devices. Their has not been a Moto phone that was truly embraced by the entire development community since a hard lesson was learned with the Droid X. Motorola locks down the bootloader on their devices tight. Other OEMs like HTC and Samsung lock down their devices on Verizon, but there is always a key laying around somewhere that eventually is picked up by an exploiter who unlocks the device for the community. This has not been the case with Moto devices which keeps most developers at bay.

Dhacker and Hashcode have pretty much been the only link to the development community for these modern locked down Moto devices. They have had enough success getting roms stable on these devices that they have been added to several top notch dev teams as official maintainers. They have put roms like CM, AOKP and now Liquid Smooth on these devices! Their Roms have been the base for much more development by other great developers on these phones as well. You can find the download link for Liquid Smooth for your Moto device below.

RAZR
Droid 4
Bionic
Droid 3

U
pdate:

Bionic: Release Thread
D
roid 4: Release Thread
D
roid 3: Release Thread
R
AZR: Release Thread

Last edited:

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Can we get a link from source or anything like that? The news is great and the download links are appreciated, but knowing if we need to flash Gapps, what ROM features are included, etc...is a bit important.

Thanks.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can we get a link from source or anything like that? The news is great and the download links are appreciated, but knowing if we need to flash Gapps, what ROM features are included, etc...is a bit important.

Thanks.

There is no Release Thread. Only the download links were provided by Dhacker

Swoops

Reaction score
Known issues?

What's working, not working? What are the release notes, tweaks, etc... ?

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's working, not working? What are the release notes, tweaks, etc... ?

as stated above no release notes are available just download links. i assume everything is pretty solid since it was added to officially supported list.

Swoops

Reaction score
CDMA or LTE?

Has anyone tried it out yet on VZ? Any issues with LTE or blue tooth?

wilboy

Reaction score
can't make my wifi work but this is a solid Rom,very smooth!

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Updated OP with official release thread links

Reaction score
I put it on my Bionic over the weekend. So far it is running great and I love it. It is the best ROM for the Bionic that I have used. I had some unpleasant experiences with other ROMs on the Bionic. Very smooth and the battery life is great.

sul7en

Reaction score
Would love to use this. I'm on 450MB Internet connection and it says I've got 9 hours to download from goo.im. WTH -Tried another ISP, still too slow to use. Moving on.