Liquid JB 4.2 Rom Droid 4 XT894

Kickbut101

Reaction score
Is anybody else having issues with MMS? I cannot get mine to send with both the messaging app and GO SMS pro

Omnipharious

Reaction score
Thanks for your efforts bro! I also was a loyal Liquid Rom fan on the D1. When the D4 released. I contacted Liquid and Raziel to ask if they planned to make any D4 roms. But, Unfortunately they told me that they had no plans to work on the D4. Now it seems that my patience has paid off:hail:

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Build with mms fix from hashcode uploading now.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

GigaJake

Reaction score
Love the rom and the hard work, definitely my 4.2.1 favourite.

I've noticed it handles the keyboard backlight better than CM or AOKP (don't know why I'm so ocd about it)

I've noticed my directional arrows are all screwy (up is left, left is down, etc). I figure this might be an easy fix, but I was curious if anyone else noticed this and/or will it be fixed in future releases?

Keep up the amazing work J.

Sent from my XT894 running Liquid Smooth

kwyrt

Reaction score
Love the rom and the hard work, definitely my 4.2.1 favourite.

I've noticed it handles the keyboard backlight better than CM or AOKP (don't know why I'm so ocd about it)

I've noticed my directional arrows are all screwy (up is left, left is down, etc). I figure this might be an easy fix, but I was curious if anyone else noticed this and/or will it be fixed in future releases?

Keep up the amazing work J.

Sent from my XT894 running Liquid Smooth

That's strange. I've been running this since day 1 and haven't had any trouble with the arrow keys. Running 01/24 build now.

Sent from my Droid 4 - LiquidSmooth

GigaJake

Reaction score
That's strange...

Down is right
Right is up
Left is down
Up is left...

And I have a fresh 1/24 install too...

kwyrt

Reaction score
That's strange...

Down is right
Right is up
Left is down
Up is left...

And I have a fresh 1/24 install too...

Interesting. I remember having that issue with some earlier AOKP 4.1.2 builds a while ago but Liquid has always been fine for me. Now I have been flashing updates just wiping cache and dalvik but don't see why that would make a difference. Getting ready to dirty flash the 01/25 build now. Maybe give that one a try?

Edit: Did you wipe system before doing you fresh 01/24 install?

GigaJake

Reaction score
I typically wipe System, Cache, and Davlik when switching between 4.2.1 roms and updates between the same rom.

I'll try the 1/25 build. Literally the only thing I'm not doing that I could is wipe data, but I doubt that'll help and then I have to set everything up again.

kwyrt

Reaction score
I typically wipe System, Cache, and Davlik when switching between 4.2.1 roms and updates between the same rom.

I'll try the 1/25 build. Literally the only thing I'm not doing that I could is wipe data, but I doubt that'll help and then I have to set everything up again.

Yeah, no fun setting everything up again. I generally wipe data when switching between different ROMs personally. Only time I don't is when updating to a newer version of the same ROM, unless it's a new Android version. Between using TB to back up apps and data and backing up my home screen setup using Nova's built in backup it doesn't take me nearly as long to set everything back up. You can always back up your current ROM and then try flashing with a data wipe just to see if it makes a difference.

GigaJake

Reaction score
Huh... so I flashed the 1/25 build without a data wipe and the directional keys worked fine. Then I used root explorer to navigate to system/usr/keylayout/omap4-keypad.kl and changed my caps key to another shift key, and now the directional keys are screwy again.

I don't know why this happens, I don't mess with those keys...

moccor

Reaction score
How is the battery life of this? I just tried the CM10.1 with all those keyboard fixes, mms fix, etc and it had good battery life. Then since the new AOKP build was released, which is based off of CM, I thought it would have the same battery life. To which I found out it doesn't haha. It's actually kinda bad compared to the CM10.1. I just really like that bottom bar for the touch screen buttons

jacksd

Reaction score
I have tried both 01.24 & 01.25 but am still having the MMS unable to send error....any ideas? Done all the normal tricks still nothing. Am i just missing something???
Everything else works GREAT!! love the Liquid, been waiting for it.

tdilts

Reaction score
Well I finally updated my safestrap and moved to this rom from the SKYL1N3 rom. I love it! I only have one request/question. I am so used to having my clock centered in the notification area. Does anyone know how I can do that with this rom? SKYL1N3 offered more customization in that area, and I am really hoping to see those options come into this rom. Great work! THANK YOU! :biggrin:

GigaJake

Reaction score
Well I finally updated my safestrap and moved to this rom from the SKYL1N3 rom. I love it! I only have one request/question. I am so used to having my clock centered in the notification area. Does anyone know how I can do that with this rom? SKYL1N3 offered more customization in that area, and I am really hoping to see those options come into this rom. Great work! THANK YOU! :biggrin:

Don't know if there's any way to do that currently, perhaps in future updates. If we're throwing out requests, could there be a possibility of making the dead caps lock key into a shift key while maintaining correct directional keys?

Regardless, this is hands down my favourite rom and big thanks to jsnweitzel for supplying us with it!

GigaJake

Reaction score
Question. Running the latest build and my Messaging app now prompts me everytime I try and send a message because it's "been sending a lot of sms messages." Despite clicking allow every time it still prompts me.

Don't see a setting in the app or system settings. Any advice?