Liquid JB 4.2 Rom Droid 4 XT894

aww crud, can't set the custom carrier anymore. I liked having Eff You Verizon Wireless. Oh well.

Anyway, loving everything else about this, Thanks jsnweitzel

Of course this comes up now that my D4 is a cool paperweight....now I got to get it working:blink:

this isn't really a ROM question, but perhaps someone has run into this. I used TB to backup my apps on my eclipse ROM slot, and then went to my liquid smooth slot to restore them. unfortunately, TB doesn't have a list of apps that can be restored. the backup folder is on the ext card, and has stuff in it, and TB can see them, as I can run 'verify' on that folder, and it works just fine. it seems to just be the restore part that doesn't see the backup. any ideas?

this isn't really a ROM question, but perhaps someone has run into this. I used TB to backup my apps on my eclipse ROM slot, and then went to my liquid smooth slot to restore them. unfortunately, TB doesn't have a list of apps that can be restored. the backup folder is on the ext card, and has stuff in it, and TB can see them, as I can run 'verify' on that folder, and it works just fine. it seems to just be the restore part that doesn't see the backup. any ideas?

The backups are stored on opposite SD cards. You have two choices - change the folder in which TB defaults to or move the TitaniumBackups folder to the opposite SD card. Then force close TB and restart it.

The backups are stored on opposite SD cards. You have two choices - change the folder in which TB defaults to or move the TitaniumBackups folder to the opposite SD card. Then force close TB and restart it.

don't think that's it. in liquid, I can get TB to change the backup folder to the most recent, and it tells me that there are 54 backups in that folder, so I think I'm looking at the correct SD card. but when I go to restore, there aren't any missing apps. I can verify the backup, and it offers to let me make an 'update.zip' with 54 apps in it, but nothing in restore.

Under Liquid options there is Advanced and a checkbox to use the SD card as main storage...maybe check that and see if it makes a difference.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

sigh. two dumb mistakes in one week (just on this forum!). at some point I had unchecked the TB option to back up the apps AND their data, so just the data was getting backed up. I hadn't noticed that because I was also letting google restore my apps for me, so TB was happy to just give me my data back. then when I stopped using google to restore my apps, there wasn't anything that TB could do to help me.

I just flashed liquid. And everything is working fine. But I don't have a calendar. No app.

Never mind. I found it in the play store.
Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Just for the record, I'm still getting frequent (about 3-5x a day) reboots. They all happen when I'm sliding the keyboard in or out and the screen has to rotate (I have auto-rotate off, but it turns landscape when I open the keyboard).

I am curious why nobody fixes www.liquidsmoothroms.com and post links to the official builds right there on the website. I will give liquidsmooth a try again. I have been running eclipse as a nice reliable daily driver for over a month now. I hope this one is more stable that it was a month ago.

Just posted a Liquid 2.5 build for you guys in case you can't get it from one of the other locations, goo's servers have been overloaded in the last couple of days. Link in my signature.

Back