Liberty Gingerbread Official Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with Gmail not deleting emails? It deletes them on the phone's end but not on the server. The new messages box on the top left in gmail still actually shows the number of new emails even after i delete them on the phone.

imajinaxn

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with Gmail not deleting emails? It deletes them on the phone's end but not on the server. The new messages box on the top left in gmail still actually shows the number of new emails even after i delete them on the phone.

I was having the same issues. Deleted the cache and data for the app in applications manager. Seems to work fine now.

Last edited:

bobAbooey

Reaction score
Oh boy, 55 pages. Anyone know of a fix to text pics? "No actions can perform this action".

jbelew

Reaction score
For some reason when my battery dies and I turn it on it goes into clockwork mod.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

That's because it is not a clean shutdown.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

How about when I 'power off' my phone and then plug the AC charger in? It boots into CW recovery when I plug it in. Is anyone else seeing that?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dahctor

Reaction score
Here are a couple things I saw in both 0.1 and now even in the 0.4 Liberty GB Nightlies on my DX:

When you first plug the phone into a computer, it defaults to USB Mass Storage, is there a way to make it in the ROM somewhere to default to Charge Only all the time? I almost never connect my DX for file transfer, as I use iSyncr for music and photos, and download nightlies through the Liberty ROM Manager.

Also right when I plug my phone in for charging, it randomly reboots. It does a full reboot, not just the hot one. After that initial reboot, it's stable for the duration of the time until I might unplug and replug it back in. It's a little annoying when I'm on a call, plug my phone in when its battery is low, and it reboots...

I know this might be a factor of GB, but I'm still really interested in this functionality. Widgetsoid used to be able to have a custom widget in the notification area where all of the buttons were functional. However on Liberty 0.4 (and 0.1) nightly, individual buttons in the notification area seem to be disabled. Can this be fixed? I will also contact the app dev for Widgetsoid.

Great ROM otherwise; fast, responsive, smooth. Keep up the good work dood!!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Still having considerable stability problems for several reboots after going into mass storage mode. Takes 2-4 reboots before I can not freeze shortly after startup. Not stable in general, either. Had the phone freeze twice last night while watching an episode of True Blood while on the bike at the gym. Not overclock-related; I haven't even OC'd since the last SBF > GB install a few days ago.

Stock Froyo SBF is still solid as a rock when I try it.

Scallywag1

Reaction score

Anytime I had gmail problems I cleared cache from gmail and google services framework from manage apps, all.
Works everytime

Sent from my Liberty GB DX

tfarol

Reaction score
Oh boy, 55 pages. Anyone know of a fix to text pics? "No actions can perform this action".

I had that when using stock messaging app, downloaded go sms pro. No problems

I think he means when you go to Gallery and select a picture and press menu. It used to give options if you want to send it to Facebook,Twitter, SMS, etc.. Instead it says "No actions can perform this action"... Im having this same problem.

sgill7

Reaction score
does anyone else seem to have lost signal. I used to have full coverage in my house now I have one bar. I also can't stream Amazon cloud service that well anymore cuz of low signal. I love gb but I can't do with a lousy signal. idk if this is cuz of gb or because of Verizons recent network problems.

beckerfj

Reaction score

I think he means when you go to Gallery and select a picture and press menu. It used to give options if you want to send it to Facebook,Twitter, SMS, etc.. Instead it says "No actions can perform this action"... Im having this same problem.

I can't say this will solve the problem because I'm still rocking Liberty v1.5, but I read on another forum that if you use the aosp gallery (cooliris), it fixes what you are saying.

Sent from my DROIDX

Scallywag1

Reaction score

I can't say this will solve the problem because I'm still rocking Liberty v1.5, but I read on another forum that if you use the aosp gallery (cooliris), it fixes what you are saying.

Sent from my DROIDX

I fixed it by using either blur camera and gallery or aosp camera and gallery then reboot. Luckily in v4 the customizer does it all instead of flashing aosp camera.
Go sms was short fix until I rebooted and figured out I didn't need it.
I went with aosp

blrnstone

Reaction score
Like what you guys are doing with it. Staying with the more stable 2.0.1 for now, but will continue to try each new release. Here's my experience:

Bugs:

1. Exchange calendar doesn't show up with Blur or ASOP calendars when using Blur email. It does show up when using ASOP email though. The GB blur email is really one of the best things about GB for me too.

2. I had data stop working a few times with no warning. It was not related to wireless tether, didn't even try it in v.4 as I know previous versions shut down data. Pretty disasterous for me at work as I need to respond to stuff immediately.

3. Listing the second part of #2 above, I know this is a GB issue, not really a Liberty issue, but it would be nice if you guys found a way around the problem with GB locking down data when you try to do Wireless Tethers for root users.

4. Various widgets don't work. The customizer even has an option to add Blur Toggle widgets, but they aren't there even if you select to add them.

5. Another Exchange issue with blur and asop email: if you have rules set up to send mail to subfolders (e.g. anything from [email protected] should go to ImportantFolder) they either do not auto sync (in asop) or auto sync but do not notify you that mail arrived (in blur). You only get notifications if mail arrives in your general inbox. Again, not a Liberty issue, this has been a problem on all custom and stock roms, but I would love you forever if you guys had a fix for it.

Improvement's I'd like to see apart from what was mentioned above:

1. I love the blur message center and calendar widgets. However, I don't love the giant title bars across the top. Seriously, do we need to take up an entire icon row with a title bar? If you guys had an improved widget for these, that would be awesome. Right now I use Touchdown for mail and calendar because it works, but it's ugly and I don't like it.

2. Get rid of the rest of the Verizon crap... or at least make them all optional installs through the Lib Customizer.

3. Performance boosts. GB seemed to be pretty snappy overall, but some things were noticably less than snappy. For example, when I play Fruit Ninja it was less than responsive to my swipes, even after a fresh reboot. One of the things I love about the Froyo versions of Liberty is the performance enhancements over stock.

4. The 3D style app drawer doesn't flick well. Pretty much as soon as you release your thumb from flicking it, the apps quit scrolling. Makes it take awhile to get to the bottom if you have a lot of apps. Not sure if this is a Liberty thing or a 3D app drawer thing, this is the only rom I've used the 3D version on.

Thanks for all your hard work! I'll be sure to try v.5 and all future versions as they come out. Please keep the Froyo option around even after final release of the GB rom though please :)

Function > Form

Status
Not open for further replies.