Liberty Gingerbread Official Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximumpower

Reaction score
This is just information

I was getting ready to install mobile_sensei's market 2.3.6 and I booted into bootstrap through the liberty tool box. Once there, I realized I didn't actually put the file on my phone so I chose reboot. It would not get off the liberty boot screen (the first one). This is very strange because I have rebooted many times without issue since being on 0.4.

I tried to get into recovery and I couldn't. The best I could do was to get the black screen that others have posted. I really did not want to sbf

So I plugged in power, booted up and got the battery display, I pulled the battery and booted again but this time I finally got into clockwork recovery :)

I wiped data and dalvik caches but it would not boot past the first liberty logo.

I did the plug in power thing again (ie rebooted twice), got into clockwork and reinstalled 0.4 and booted up into LGB no problem.

I put market 2.3.6 on my sdcard, booted into recovery and installed. I rebooted and everything came up fine.

Strange!

BoJatey

Reaction score
Went to Customizer in LB settings and hangs on "setting up files" after download.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

lnchbddy

Reaction score
I am I think the sixth or so person that is reporting the reboot when plugged into charger problem. I have spent the better part of the last two days testing this and tracking the problem (for me). I had the problem on Liberty 0.1, 0.3, 0.4 and also on the MDW 588 leak. I restored my apps in steps with titanium (180 total) and tracked my problem down to BUMP...ie, as long as I don't install that app I no longer have the reboot when plugged into a charger. hope that helps the rest of you that have this problem with gingerbread. love the liberty rom.

J

JriderG

Went to Customizer in LB settings and hangs on "setting up files" after download.

Go to your sd card and remove liberty customizer files. Then start the dl again. This worked for me.

saywhaa

Reaction score
anyone find a solution to get into clockwork? i want to install a new theme on GB v4 and whenever i tell it to boot in recovery it just sits on the black screen when i reboot. then i have to pull the battery and then it boots into GB, but not clockwork.. so it seems like droid x bootstrap doesnt work with this update, and trying to install it from the toolbox it says failed to unzip.

J

JriderG

anyone find a solution to get into clockwork? i want to install a new theme on GB v4 and whenever i tell it to boot in recovery it just sits on the black screen when i reboot. then i have to pull the battery and then it boots into GB, but not clockwork.. so it seems like droid x bootstrap doesnt work with this update, and trying to install it from the toolbox it says failed to unzip.

Uncheck usb debugging

chaos254

Reaction score

install droid 2 bootstrap. For some reason droid x bootstrap doesnt work. I had the same issue until I did this. Now I'm themed and everything is good to go dancedroid

saywhaa

Reaction score

Uncheck usb debugging

awesome, thank you this worked.

jbelew

Reaction score
Market downloads just now mysteriously started working fine for me. Anyone else?

I had tried all of the suggestions I could find in the forum, including installing mobile_sensei's Market 2.3.6, but nothing seemed to help. I thought I would try again just now before I turn in for the night and the downloads are working just fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Gavin

Reaction score
Just when I thought things were running great, I tried to install multimount sd and it says I dont have root access. I tried to install a new version of busybox and that says I have no root access. Obviously I have root access. Anyone have any ideas? I cant wait for Apex to come out so I can switch. Anyone notice that their battery life sucks? I wish I could get my $5 bucks back.

J

JriderG

Just when I thought things were running great, I tried to install multimount sd and it says I dont have root access. I tried to install a new version of busybox and that says I have no root access. Obviously I have root access. Anyone have any ideas? I cant wait for Apex to come out so I can switch. Anyone notice that their battery life sucks? I wish I could get my $5 bucks back.

Its still an early build. Just go to 2.0 it is more stable. You will still ne able to get final build first.

BoJatey

Reaction score

Go to your sd card and remove liberty customizer files. Then start the dl again. This worked for me.

Already did it and yes it worked. Thanks anyway.

Scallywag1

Reaction score

I also like apex but this rom is unreal. You can literally customize anything and its all readily available with in toolbox.
Also my battery life has never been better. I know the rom comes with Imoseyons tweaks but I flashed the newest tweaks and get ridiculous battery life now. Its all about how you set it up. Systcl, overclocking etc.
Apex should be out very soon according to Fabs twitter. Sorry this rom isn't working out but I find it to be the best.

Sent from my Liberty GB DX

Gavin

Reaction score
I ended up going into "applications" and under superuser I cleared data. That seemed to have fixed the problem for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.