Liberty Gingerbread Official Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckamucka

Reaction score
I have not had that issue with the battery. What is this facebook sync fix?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

maximumpower

Reaction score
I flashed v0.4 last night and when i woke up my battery was at 60%. normal if I had my phone unplugged, but it was plugged in all night. Also, I have had it on the charger all day and it wont go past 60%. I have pulled the battery twice and still have the same issues. Is anyone else having this problem or should I attempt to re-flash it? Also, I am having issues with the fbook sync thing. I see there was a fix but I couldnt find it anywhere on the thread.
Have you tried resetting battery stats in clockwork?

The best practice method that I have read is to let the battery go all the way down. Plug the phone in and let it charge, while keeping it powered off. Then boot into clockwork and reset battery stats.

You could try it quickly just by resetting stats and seeing if it will charge to 100%.

It is always best when you factory reset and re-flash when the battery is at 100%. I often am too anxious and re-flash without being at 100%. My battery life doesn't appear all that good. I use the above best practice method and my battery life is good again.

Noven

Reaction score
Big Problems

When I saw that the nightly v0.4 was up I decided it was time to give it a try (coming from 2.0.1). Everything was working smoothly until I hit a wall with the market errors. The apps tried downloading for about an hour before I started trying some standard fixes. Reboot, pull battery, clear market cache and data, stop downloads, try re-downloading. Ultimately I was able to download google apps, but nothing else. This caused a few problems not having any of the root apps I needed. Found a few forums and tried the apps fix the jrummy put up, didn't work. So I sbf'd back, but I am STILL having the market issue being on stock froyo. I've tried everything, and now I can't get my phone to boot back into clockworkmod or droidxbootstrap. Should I sbf again? Other suggestions? Thanks to anybody with any ideas.

Noven

citronbull

Reaction score
Have you tried to uncheck usb debugging.

Do you have any personal experience with this at all? I do not want to try Clockwork recovery again because I get stuck in a bootloop. This also means I can't add a zip (like a theme or ROM) and then reboot. The only way for me to use the phone is to restore and I've done that many times.

vannett

Reaction score
I flashed v0.4 last night and when i woke up my battery was at 60%. normal if I had my phone unplugged, but it was plugged in all night. Also, I have had it on the charger all day and it wont go past 60%. I have pulled the battery twice and still have the same issues. Is anyone else having this problem or should I attempt to re-flash it? Also, I am having issues with the fbook sync thing. I see there was a fix but I couldnt find it anywhere on the thread.
Have you tried resetting battery stats in clockwork?

The best practice method that I have read is to let the battery go all the way down. Plug the phone in and let it charge, while keeping it powered off. Then boot into clockwork and reset battery stats.

You could try it quickly just by resetting stats and seeing if it will charge to 100%.

It is always best when you factory reset and re-flash when the battery is at 100%. I often am too anxious and re-flash without being at 100%. My battery life doesn't appear all that good. I use the above best practice method and my battery life is good again.

I just tried to dl v0.4 from rommanager again and it wont let me get into clockwork anymore. When i try to DL the bootstrapper from Toolbox it just resets. is there an sbf back to .1?

damasta22

Reaction score
is there any way I can flash back to stock rooted deodexed .573 GB from Liberty GB 0.4 without sbf'ing back to froyo because my battery life on liberty is horrific

jbelew

Reaction score
I just flashed from Liberty 2.0.1 to GB 0.1 and then 0.4. I wiped before both flashes. I am having the problem with the Market not being able to download apps. I've tried a few things like clearing the Market app's cache and also tried fix.apk. I have discovered that I can 'push' apps from my computer using the Market website so it isn't totally broken. Has anyone come up with a solution that I am missing?

BoJatey

Reaction score
Browser getting worse with every update. Freezing and locking up, links going dead. Anyone else having issues? Otherwise, loving .4.

maximumpower

Reaction score
I just flashed from Liberty 2.0.1 to GB 0.1 and then 0.4. I wiped before both flashes. I am having the problem with the Market not being able to download apps. I've tried a few things like clearing the Market app's cache and also tried fix.apk. I have discovered that I can 'push' apps from my computer using the Market website so it isn't totally broken. Has anyone come up with a solution that I am missing?

As I have posted a couple times, I have it with every LGB version.

I have to delete the 2.3.6 update and install my Apps one at a time

bluskyline21

Reaction score
Browser getting worse with every update. Freezing and locking up, links going dead. Anyone else having issues? Otherwise, loving .4.

Can you not just use a different browser? IMO the stock browser is garbage. It has always been garbage and will probably always be garbage.

Unrelated.. My phone reboots when I disconnect it from a docking station. Is this because I have opted "no car dock" from Customizer or b/c it's being a PITA?

So, I removed the boot animation through liberty toolbox (in hopes to get a quicker reboot) and got a generic 'android' animation that takes its place.

Can I just delete it normally and be done with the animation without the phone messing up?

0.4 InspiRED theme.

Last edited:

jbelew

Reaction score

Thanks maximumpower. I did go back to 2.3.4 and still haven't had any success, even when I try installing one at a time. I will wait patiently for an LGB update. Other than this one issue, I'm loving the ROM!

vannett

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out what to do if we need to sbf? I know there was an issue once the froyo update was official with briking the phones if you tried to sbf back to eclaire. Is this the same issue with gb back to froyo? my battery isnt charging at all.. I have reflashed the rom over 6 times with no success. I wiped davlik cache as well as battery wiping. and i am having absolutely no luck charging. Ill try another charger but just in case can someone please link the froyo sbf or gb sbf if there is one? thanks!

maximumpower

Reaction score

Thanks maximumpower. I did go back to 2.3.4 and still haven't had any success, even when I try installing one at a time. I will wait patiently for an LGB update. Other than this one issue, I'm loving the ROM!

I couldn't get back to 2.3.6 so I installed mobile_sensei's stock market 2.3.6. I know it will download updates but it isn't offering to install all my apps that I had installed prior to V0.4

Status
Not open for further replies.