Liberty Gingerbread Official Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
I did not check the box to have google sync my apps, so I could use TiB, but TiB wouldn't restore any apps... Just kept hanging and freezing, even while I was just trying to set up a batch restore. Also couldn't get into accounts to allow auto restore to at least get my apps back without having to hunt for 90 free apps lol. So I decided to go back to GB for now, tried a CW restore, went fine but when it booted up, several system apps started FC. Mainly voice commands; it would pop up and I would click force close and it would instantly pop up again. Got back into CW and restored a different backup, same thing. Currently charging phone and gonna SBF. Not sure if the CW issues have anything to do with Liberty, haven't done a restore on GB until now. (Yes, the backups were made while on GB, not FroYo)

Edit: SBF'd, flashed GB, restored backup, still FCing :icon_evil:. Looks like I get to start all over...

Last edited:

nevewear

Reaction score
Help...

Hey guys, so last night I flashed the nightly and ran it for a few hours, it seemed to run fine(minor problems like the gallary not working and some of the other issues mentioned here), I then wanted to go back to 2.0.1 and so I just did a restore from my bootstrap and everything blew up. It just goes to bootanimation and loops forever, and so I tried sbf'ing back twice and the same thing, just boot animation looping. Any help would be awesome as I am at work with no phone etc.

Thanks you guys!!!!

After many clear data and wipe all's and reboots I got everything fixed up okay, my heart almost jumped out of my chest, haha. Not that I have never seen problems with a rom before but its been a long time(since the early darkslide days) ;)

Last edited:

rossco23

Reaction score
Desktop Dock Weather/Clock ?

So far, so good. Loving everything.
Only "problem" I'm having is when I dock my phone, the screen just flashes and rotates, doesn't go to the desktop or car mode dock. Do I need to install these? I don't see them in the app drawer.
Thanks.

Ty0294

Reaction score
Hey guys, so last night I flashed the nightly and ran it for a few hours, it seemed to run fine(minor problems like the gallary not working and some of the other issues mentioned here), I then wanted to go back to 2.0.1 and so I just did a restore from my bootstrap and everything blew up. It just goes to bootanimation and loops forever, and so I tried sbf'ing back twice and the same thing, just boot animation looping. Any help would be awesome as I am at work with no phone etc.

Thanks you guys!!!!
When you sbf back to 2.3.40 you have to go into the stock bootloader/recovery and do a factory reset/wipe data. You should get into it by either holding the home and power on button while powering on the phone or by holding down the up/down volume keys and powering on the phone. Then you'll see the green android with an exclamation mark, hit your search key and choose factory reset, then reboot.

Anyways.

Stock Liberty GB except for ads-blocked and task killer set to keep 50mbs.

Accounts page seconded or thirded or whatever.

Google Sync did not restore my applications at all. Nor my wifi password settings, which i believe it usually does?

No problems restoring apps and data through mybackup pro the second time. First time i got no data, probably just needed longer to gain root access though.

ltlbsteed

Reaction score
Stuck @ Bootloader

Hey devs! So I downloaded the Froyo to Gingerbread install from the rom manager last night, but didn't wait up to install it. Woke up this morning and clicked the notification to install the update: Liberty Settings fc'd. So.... re-downloaded the install file through Liberty Settings, seemed fine. When it was done I clicked the install button, had it wipe data & cache, and waited. It acted like it was installing just fine, seemed to go through the whole sequence, but when it was booting for the first time it got as far as the initial boot logo and then kicked me into the Bootloader. I've pulled the battery and still the same results: boot logo, then Bootloader. I'll sbf back to froyo and try again, but just thought I'd share my fun little experience hoping it helps you awesome devs keep making Liberty that much more awesome!

***UPDATE***
Long story short, second time around everything went pretty smooth and I am now running GingerBread Liberty! I can see no clear reason why I got a brick the first time around... I had to sbf back to stock 340 Froyo, restore my last backup, re-download the ROM from Liberty Toolbox (twice actually, the first time I tried to click the notification and Toolbox fc'd on me like before, but after downloading again it worked fine). Thanks jRummy and the whole Liberty crew! dancedroid

Last edited:

gilly336

Reaction score
Facebook Contacts

Well other than the accounts page not working, if I am able to get to accounts when I press on facebook it doesnt do anything it

bobAbooey

Reaction score
Is the "lock desktop" setting new? I haven't seen this on any rom yet.

bobAbooey

Reaction score
weird. i have been using adw for months and have never seen it there. I have to click "more" to get to settings.

Now it's gone with EX. Weird.

Last edited:

bobAbooey

Reaction score
Titanium is restoring all apps now. Things seem to be going ok.

Install went super smooth. I was on the leaked GB.

droid_freak

Reaction score
Loaded from Froyo and had no problems what so ever. Then I got a smart idea to try a theme I had used on every other release of Gingerbread that I had used and it had always worked. BAD IDEA anyway SBF and reload Liberty Gingerbread again :)

bobAbooey

Reaction score
Phone reboots when using PowerAmp. I am going to turn off rotation and see if that clears it up. That's my only problem so far.

SoDroid

Reaction score
Phone reboots when using PowerAmp. I am going to turn off rotation and see if that clears it up. That's my only problem so far.

Please report if you fixed the issue. I want to flash this but I need Poweramp.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.