Liberty 1.5 Battery Life?

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
Man i never had battery life problems until i flashed this rom. I been running this ROM since day one and well the battery stats are still whacked out or maybe its just a big battery hog. I barely use my phone, i just use it to listen to music or check my agenda and answers texts and calls, you know normal phone stuff and by the end of the day (like 6-8 hours later) im down to 50%. Especially overnight as well, I have my phone fully charged to 4.222 volts and when i wake up 8 hours later, and its like magic, my phone is down to either 30 or 20%. I do turn off the auto sync and i still get that. Mind you i dont get this every night so idk what is going on. Any of you having these problems? Is there a fix? i tried to reset battery stats but no luck on that. And i tried charging to max and making it die but still whacked out battery life. Maybe im just a special case. I dont use task killers and i dont game and i have it at auto brightness. Please help i really like this ROM but this battery life is a bummer since i dont even use my phone heavily.

brenneisec

Reaction score
Man i never had battery life problems until i flashed this rom. I been running this ROM since day one and well the battery stats are still whacked out or maybe its just a big battery hog. I barely use my phone, i just use it to listen to music or check my agenda and answers texts and calls, you know normal phone stuff and by the end of the day (like 6-8 hours later) im down to 50%. Especially overnight as well, I have my phone fully charged to 4.222 volts and when i wake up 8 hours later, and its like magic, my phone is down to either 30 or 20%. I do turn off the auto sync and i still get that. Mind you i dont get this every night so idk what is going on. Any of you having these problems? Is there a fix? i tried to reset battery stats but no luck on that. And i tried charging to max and making it die but still whacked out battery life. Maybe im just a special case. I dont use task killers and i dont game and i have it at auto brightness. Please help i really like this ROM but this battery life is a bummer since i dont even use my phone heavily.

battery life has been great for me. especially with the new tweaks kejar is testing. it doesnt sound like your battery is dying that fast. i mean it is a droid x. if you can take a snapshot of your battery stats and post on here that would probably help

Shadows9909

Reaction score
I would strongly recommend turning on systcl and setting free memory to 50mb... this has helped my phone run much snappier and increased my battery life substantially.. the sysctl is in liberty settings and free memory is in the liberty tweaks in the toolbox.. let me know how if it helps :)

Sent from my DROIDX

dxgeek35

Reaction score
Yea my battery life has gone down the drain with this rom. I came from darkslide and I got around 6 MORE hours on that then I do now!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I seem to be getting a little less than an hour per 10% :(

That's definitely not right. Depending on what you have running. Post a screen shot of your battery info

I seem to have been able to squeeze a little more out of it after doing the Rubix tweaks, but seriously on Saturday I woke up after a full nights charge and the battery went down to 80% within the first hour.

Will post a screenshot tomorrow

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running a test right now and will post my results on his test page. I'm doing it without the tweak zip and I gotta say I am very impressed. Do you need it on at night to receive calls? Cause if you don't throw it in airplane mode or turn it off overnight. But 8 hours and being at 50% isn't that far out. It's no where close to what I get but it's not abnormal.

Here ya go, why wait? The attachment below is where I was at after a day. Keep in mind this IS with the BH6X 1930mAh extended battery from Verizon. Which isn't that big of a battery. And yes, idle is high because I had it in airplane mode for 6-7hrs last night while sleeping :)

//Tap'd from CM8's DX\\

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 702

mbarry55

Reaction score
I just switched from DarkSlide as well and I think the battery life is significantly worse on Liberty 1.5. I like the ROM a LOT but the battery leaves MUCH to be desired. Trying out JuiceDefender to see if it makes any difference.

mikey4226

Reaction score
I have noticed a decrease in my battery life as well. Previously, I was on a stock ROM, OC'd to 1.35GHz, ULV and I would easily go from 8am to 11pm and still have anywhere from 20-40% left. Today (my first full day running Liberty) I was already down to 15% by 6pm. I'm a little disappointed by that, but I'm going to give Shadow's recommendations a try and see if that makes a difference.

mruiz949

Reaction score
I agree with you guys 100% Its a great rom, but the batt eats up hella quick!!! Hopefully they will get a fix 4 this soon...

Droid_X_2010

Reaction score
I would strongly recommend turning on systcl and setting free memory to 50mb... this has helped my phone run much snappier and increased my battery life substantially.. the sysctl is in liberty settings and free memory is in the liberty tweaks in the toolbox.. let me know how if it helps :)

Sent from my DROIDX

did you use the stock sysctl settings?

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
I was having the same problem until I saw a similar thread on a The .or the og Droid. They found that the ad-blocker was sucking battery like crazy. So I said what could it hurt and....... I'm at 60% after 10 hours. But I don't know about all that stuff so it might just be mind games! Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

JWellington

Reaction score
The ad blocker? Hmm...that never occurred to me. I'll have to give that a try.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk