Liberty 1.5 Battery Life?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
As I've said before. If battery it's such an issue, just carry a spare or two, and you couldn't go wrong.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Most of us bought an extended battery to combat the quick usage of a normal battery. Telling people to carry two batteries is beyond ignorant. Finding out why the battery usage is worse on 1.5 than 1.0 is what this thread is about.

I had horrible battery usage with 1.5 so I've gone back to rubiX 1.9.7.

snot

Reaction score
Hmmm...perhaps because it is always listening in for address requests, it drains more battery. It would be nice to get the facts.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Maybe a dev can chime in about now and tell us exactly how the ad blocker works if it would drain battery power :)

OP
Lex_Luthor

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
I tried the sysctl tweak, disabled the ad blocker and increased the mem free thingy and i am seeing significant increase in battery life after 5 hours im still at 90% where normally i would be around 60 or 50%. Thanks guys for the help, seems more people had this problem than i thought.

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
Yeah I'm on my second day with no ad blocker. Since last night when I originally posted about the ad blocker I'm getting better battery than rubix! I'm now sure it wasn't just in my head.

DX Liberty 1.5 ftw!

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I don't think people should post stats if they keep their phone in airplane mode or connected to Wi-Fi for extended periods of them.. while both are great ways to extend battery I don't feel that they are overly practical. At least for me when I am at class or driving, or with friends etc.

SeanRinVA

Reaction score
I get 10:40 consistently every day - stock battery (if someone can recommend a reliable extended battery that will fit within an Otterbox Defender case, I'll buy it immediately). When I went from 1.0 to 1.5, I wiped all caches (including Dalvik), and wiped battery stats. The phone is just at a month old, and for the 1st two weeks, I would charge it to 100%, then drain it to power off.

All sync's are set to 3hrs. I use it moderately while at work - primarily when I'm at lunch or having a smoke. I use it fairly heavily when I'm at home.

I have Overclocking enabled, but whenever I use any timings other than reverting to stock (I was using ULV), I would experience random kernel panics (system freeze, then reboot).
I have Droid X Overclock set to Stock Settings, and use profiles (No Profile Match = 300/1000, AC Charging = 800/1000, USB Charging = 600/800, Batt < 35% = 300/600, & Screen Off = 300/300).
I disabled the Ad Block in Liberty settings and removed an Ad Blocker app.
I use Locale to set WiFi/Bluetooth/GPS/Brightness settings.
I set SysCtrl settings (Using JRummy's SysCtrl app) to 4096/90/50/1 & Oom Checked (reboot every morning).

That's about all the details I know to post. If a dev can look this over and give me some hints, I'd really appreciate it. Of course, if some more info is needed, just LMK.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't use airplane mode....ever.....not even on plane...I just turn my phone off at that point.....in addition I am only on WiFi when I am at work or home. Outside of that it's 3g and me....as you can tell from my screenshots. I wasn't on wifi then either.

Is there anywhere that shows you when the last time you used airplane mode was?

I will say I noticed a HUGE difference in battery life as soon as I moved away from Droid 2 Overclock. With D2O I was at 50% within a couple hours off charger....like 2. It did get better when I switched to Liberty....but going to Quickclock I think made the biggest difference.

HUFFDROID

Reaction score
Ever since switching to liberty my battery life has greatly improved.

Sent from my DROIDX

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
I get 10:40 consistently every day - stock battery (if someone can recommend a reliable extended battery that will fit within an Otterbox Defender case, I'll buy it immediately). When I went from 1.0 to 1.5, I wiped all caches (including Dalvik), and wiped battery stats. The phone is just at a month old, and for the 1st two weeks, I would charge it to 100%, then drain it to power off.

All sync's are set to 3hrs. I use it moderately while at work - primarily when I'm at lunch or having a smoke. I use it fairly heavily when I'm at home.

I have Overclocking enabled, but whenever I use any timings other than reverting to stock (I was using ULV), I would experience random kernel panics (system freeze, then reboot).
I have Droid X Overclock set to Stock Settings, and use profiles (No Profile Match = 300/1000, AC Charging = 800/1000, USB Charging = 600/800, Batt < 35% = 300/600, & Screen Off = 300/300).
I set SysCtrl settings (Using JRummy's SysCtrl app) to 4096/90/50/1 & Oom Checked (reboot every morning).

That's about all the details I know to post. If a dev can look this over and give me some hints, I'd really appreciate it. Of course, if some more info is needed, just LMK.

Did you train Android on your battery? Typical process for doing this (may be required anytime you flash a ROM or wipe battery stats):
  1. Wipe battery stats
  2. Fully drain your phone
  3. Turn phone back on until it trains again (hopefully just a minute or two)
  4. Fully charge your phone while it's turned off
  5. Once it's charged to 100%, give it one more hour of charging.
  6. Use your phone like normal until it dies (do NOT charge it in any way during this step!)
  7. Once it died from the previous step, charge it back up (fully or partially) and use it like normal - it should be properly trained when you turn it back on during this step

First of all, you are NOT calibrating your lithium ion battery when doing this - you are calibrating Android so it knows what to expect from your battery. This is an Android technique/algorithm - not a battery technology process. Secondly, this is sometimes necessary any time you flash a ROM, install a theme, change kernel settings, swap batteries, wipe battery stats, and probably in some other scenarios too. You may not ALWAYS have to do this (depends on what you flash from/to) but you should always do this just for good measure. If you REALLY want to be lazy and avoid this, then make sure your battery is always fully-charged anytime before you flash/restore/etc. and wipe battery stats when done - that is the best you can do while avoiding this work.

JWellington

Reaction score

Did you train Android on your battery? Typical process for doing this (may be required anytime you flash a ROM or wipe battery stats):
  1. Wipe battery stats
  2. Fully drain your phone
  3. Turn phone back on until it trains again (hopefully just a minute or two)
  4. Fully charge your phone while it's turned off
  5. Once it's charged to 100%, give it one more hour of charging.
  6. Use your phone like normal until it dies (do NOT charge it in any way during this step!)
  7. Once it died from the previous step, charge it back up (fully or partially) and use it like normal - it should be properly trained when you turn it back on during this step

First of all, you are NOT calibrating your lithium ion battery when doing this - you are calibrating Android so it knows what to expect from your battery. This is an Android technique/algorithm - not a battery technology process. Secondly, this is sometimes necessary any time you flash a ROM, install a theme, change kernel settings, swap batteries, wipe battery stats, and probably in some other scenarios too. You may not ALWAYS have to do this (depends on what you flash from/to) but you should always do this just for good measure. If you REALLY want to be lazy and avoid this, then make sure your battery is always fully-charged anytime before you flash/restore/etc. and wipe battery stats when done - that is the best you can do while avoiding this work.

Wow that was an excellent and informative post! Two thumbs up. Excellently described. I'm not too bothered with this, myself, though.

Swyped from my Droid X.

mbarry55

Reaction score
I turned the ad blocker off, no other tweaks, battery was at 50% when I went to bed last night, woke up and it was turned off, completely dead.

dxgeek35

Reaction score
The battery life was really bad on 1.5 so hopefully therd be a fix on 2.0 but till then im gonna try Lexington Lite!! And so far it has amazing battery life! 16 hours of heavy use and still 40-50% battery left!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Lex_Luthor

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
Well these tweaks did fix part of my battery issues but i think the facebook app is a total battery hog when it refreshes or because of the damn chat feature on it now. After four hours of no use at all, it brings my phone down to 60 or 70 percent battery life left. Im going to try without it and see if my theory is right. You all proly know that already but i dont/didnt.